NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
NAICS Code 237990 Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in heavy and engineering construction projects (excluding highway, street, bridge, and distribution line construction). The work performed may include new work, reconstruction, rehabilitation, and repairs. Specialty trade contractors are included in this group if they are engaged in activities primarily related to engineering construction projects (excluding highway, street, bridge, distribution line, oil and gas structure, and utilities building and structure construction). Construction projects involving water resources (e.g., dredging and land drainage), development of marine facilities, and projects involving open space improvement (e.g., parks and trails) are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 7,398 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 66,443 people.
SBA Size StandardAnnual Revenue Limit of $39,500,000
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 237990
Industry Examples of NAICS 237990
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction are:
- Anchored earth retention contractors
- Athletic field (except stadium) construction
- Avalanche, rockslide, mudslide, or roadside protection construction
- Breakwater construction
- Bridle path construction
- Bulkhead wall or embarkment construction
- Caisson (i.e., marine or pneumatic structures) construction
- Canal construction
- Channel construction
- Cofferdam construction
- Construction management, dam
- Construction management, marine structure
- Construction management, mass transit
- Construction management, outdoor recreation facility
- Construction management, tunnel
- Cribbing (i.e., shore protection), construction
- Dam construction
- Dike and other flood control structure construction
- Dock construction
- Drainage canal and ditch construction
- Drainage project construction
- Dredging (e.g., canal, channel, ditch, waterway)
- Drive-in movie facility construction
- Earth retention system construction
- Earth-filled dam construction
- Electricity generating plant, hydroelectric, construction
- Embankment construction
- Farm drainage tile installation
- Flood control project construction
- Floodway canal and ditch construction
- Gabion construction
- Golf course construction
- Harbor construction
- Horizontal drilling (e.g., underground cable, pipeline, sewer installation)
- Hydroelectric generating facility construction
- Ice rink (except indoor) construction
- Jetty construction
- Land drainage contractors
- Levee construction
- Light rail system construction
- Lock and waterway construction
- Marine construction
- Microtunneling contractors
- Missile facility construction
- Monorail construction
- Nuclear waste disposal site construction
- Outdoor recreation facility construction
- Park and recreational open space improvement construction
- Pier construction
- Pile driving, marine
- Pipe-jacking contractors
- Playground construction
- Port facility construction
- Power plant, hydroelectric, construction
- Railroad construction
- Railway construction (e.g., interlocker, roadbed, signal, track)
- Railway roadbed construction
- Recreation area, open space, construction
- Recreational vehicle park construction
- Retaining walls, anchored (e.g., with piles, soil nails, tieback anchors), construction
- Revetment construction
- Riprap installation
- Rock removal, underwater
- Seawall, wave protection, construction
- Sediment control system construction
- Ski tow construction
- Spillway, floodwater, construction
- Sports field construction
- Streetcar line construction
- Subway construction
- Tennis courts, outdoor, construction
- Timber removal, underwater
- Trail construction
- Trenching, underwater
- Tunnel construction
- Wharf construction
Example photo for industry NAICS 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Constructing water mains, sewers, and related structures: classified in NAICS Code - 237110 - Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing oil and gas pipelines and related structures: classified in NAICS Code - 237120 - Oil and Gas Pipeline and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing power and communication transmission lines and related structures: classified in NAICS Code - 237130 - Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing highways, streets, and bridges: classified in NAICS Code - 237310 - Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction.
- Trenching (except underwater): classified in NAICS Code - 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA NAICS 237990 revenue limit?
Businesses with an annual revenue under $39,500,000 are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 237990?
There are 7,398 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 237990?
In 2017 the total revenue for Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction was $22,738,483,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 237990?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction was $4,759,939,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 237990?
The number of reported paid employees is 66,443.