What is an ISIC Code?
ISIC is a classification structure of economic activities (industries) based on a set of internationally agreed concepts, definitions, principles and classification rules. ISIC is used to classify statistical units, such as establishments or enterprises, according to the economic activity in which they mainly engage.
ISIC has a central position among existing classifications of economic activities, as well as other economic classifications, such as those for products. ISIC provides the internationally accepted standard for categorizing producing units within an economy, which allows for data comparison at the national and international levels. ISIC is a completely separate classification system from SIC Codes.
Search ISIC Code - Lookup / Definition
ISIC Code Directory
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Mining and quarrying
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
- Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Transportation and storage
- Accommodation and food service activities
- Information and communication
- Financial and insurance activities
- Real estate activities
- Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Administrative and support service activities
- Public administration and defence; compulsory social security
- Human health and social work activities
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Other service activities
- Activities of households as employers; undifferentiated goods- and services-producing activities of households for own use
- Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies