NAICS CODE 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in site preparation activities, such as excavating and grading, demolition of buildings and other structures, and septic system installation. Earthmoving and land clearing for all types of sites (e.g., building, nonbuilding, mining) is included in this industry. Establishments primarily engaged in construction equipment rental with operator (except cranes) are also included.
NAICS Code 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 25,135 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 330,321 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors are:
- Aerial or picker truck, construction, rental with operator
- Backfilling, construction
- Backhoe rental with operator
- Blast hole drilling (except mining)
- Blasting, building demolition
- Blasting, construction site
- Boring, for building construction
- Building demolition
- Bulldozer rental with operator
- Caisson (i.e., drilled building foundations) construction
- Cesspool construction
- Concrete breaking and cutting for demolition
- Construction equipment (except crane) rental with operator
- Core drilling and test boring for construction
- Crawler tractor rental with operator
- Culvert or bridge removal
- Cutting new rights of way
- Demolition contractor
- Demolition, building and structure
- Dewatering contractors
- Digging foundations
- Dirt moving for construction
- Dismantling engineering structures (e.g., oil storage tank)
- Drainage system (e.g., cesspool, septic tank) installation
- Drilled pier (i.e., for building foundations) contractors
- Drilled shaft (i.e., drilled building foundations) construction
- Dry well construction
- Equipment rental (except crane), construction, with operator
- Excavating, earthmoving or land clearing, mining (except overburden removal at open pit mine sites or quarries)
- Excavating, earthmoving, or land clearing contractors
- Excavation contractors
- Foundation digging (i.e., excavation)
- Foundation drilling contractors
- Grading construction sites
- Grave excavation contractors
- Ground thawing for construction site digging
- House demolishing
- House razing
- Hydrodemolition (i.e., demolition with pressurized water) contractors
- Land clearing
- Land leveling contractors
- Line slashing or cutting (except maintenance)
- Machinery, construction (except cranes), rental with operator
- Mine site preparation and related construction activities, construction contractors
- Pile driving, building foundation
- Piling (i.e., bored, cast-in-place, drilled), building foundation, contractors
- Power shovel, construction, rental with operator
- Power, communication and pipe line right of way clearance (except maintenance)
- Removal of dams, dikes, and other heavy and civil engineering constructions
- Right of way cutting (except maintenance)
- Road decommissioning
- Septic system contractors
- Septic tank and weeping tile installation
- Soil compacting
- Soil test drilling
- Test boring for construction
- Trenching (except underwater)
- Underground tank (except hazardous material) removal
- Weeping tile installation
- Wrecking, building or other structure
- Earth retention or underwater trenching: classified in NAICS Code - 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction.
- Crane rental with operator: classified in NAICS Code - 238990 - All Other Specialty Trade Contractors.
- Overburden removal as an activity prior to mineral removal from quarries or open pit mines: classified in NAICS Code - 21 - Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction.
- Drilling oil and gas field water intake wells: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 213111 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells.
- Dismantling tanks in oil fields: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 213112 - Support Activities for Oil and Gas Operations.
- Construction equipment rental without an operator: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 532412 - Construction, Mining, and Forestry Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing.
- Tree and brush trimming for overhead utility lines: classified in NAICS Code - 561730 - Landscaping Services.
- Nuclear power plant decommissioning and environmental remediation work, such as the removal of underground steel tanks for hazardous materials: classified in NAICS Code - 562910 - Remediation Services..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.