NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in servicing land and subdividing real property into lots, for subsequent sale to builders. Servicing of land may include excavation work for the installation of roads and utility lines. The extent of work may vary from project to project. Land subdivision precedes building activity and the subsequent building is often residential, but may also be commercial tracts and industrial parks. These establishments may do all the work themselves or subcontract the work to others. Establishments that perform only the legal subdivision of land are not included in this industry.
NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 18,870 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 25,557 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision are:
- Building lot subdividing
- Land (except cemeteries) subdividers
- Land acquisition, assembling and subdividing
- Land developers (i.e., subdividing and installing infrastructure)
- Land subdividing and utility installation (e.g., electric, sewer and water)
- Preparing and subdividing land for sale
- Real estate (except cemeteries) subdividers
- Real property (except cemeteries) subdivision
- Subdividers, real estate
- Subdividing and preparing land owned by others
- Subdividing real estate
- Constructing buildings, for sale, on lots they subdivide: classified based on the type of construction project, in NAICS Code - 2361 - Residential Building Construction, or Industry Group 2362,Nonresidential Building Construction.
- Installing roads on a subcontract basis for land subdividers: classified in NAICS Code - 237310 - Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction.
- Installing utilities on a subcontract basis for land subdividers: classified in NAICS Code - 2371 - Utility System Construction.
- Preparing land owned by others for building construction: classified in NAICS Code - 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors.
- Constructing buildings, for rent or own use, on lots they subdivide: classified in NAICS Code - 5311 - Lessors of Real Estate.
- Legal subdivision of land without land preparation: classified elsewhere in the classification system based on the primary activity of the establishment.
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 237210 - Land Subdivision ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the NAICS Code for a company that subdivides land for real estate or construction purposes?
These business types are classified under NAICS Code 237210 – Land Subdivision. Land developers, real estate subdividers, and building lot subdividing companies are also classified in this industry.