NAICS Code 237990-28 - Rivers & CanalsMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 237990-28 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 237990-28
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Rivers & Canals industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Pile drivers
- Hydraulic hammers
- Concrete mixers
- Surveying equipment
- GPS systems
- Welding equipment
- Skid steers
Industry Examples of Rivers & Canals
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 237990-28, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Canal locks
- River dredging
- Canal excavation
- Dam construction
- Waterway maintenance
- Lock and dam repair
- Canal widening
- Riverbank stabilization
- Waterway dredging
- Canal lining
- Lock and dam maintenance
- River channelization
- Canal restoration
- Waterway infrastructure construction
- Canal bridge construction
- River levee construction
- Canal towpath construction
- Waterway signage installation
- Canal gate installation
- Riverbank erosion control
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 237990-28 - Rivers & Canals
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- US Army Corps Of Engineers Wetland Delineation Certification: This certification is required for individuals who conduct wetland delineations for the US Army Corps of Engineers. The certification is provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- US Coast Guard Captain's License: This license is required for individuals who operate vessels carrying passengers or cargo for hire. The license is provided by the US Coast Guard.
- US Army Corps Of Engineers Section 404 Permit: This permit is required for any discharge of dredged or fill material into waters of the United States, including wetlands. The permit is provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- US Army Corps Of Engineers Section 408 Permission: This permission is required for any alteration or occupation of a US Army Corps of Engineers civil works project. The permission is provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- US Environmental Protection Agency National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit: This permit is required for any discharge of pollutants from a point source into waters of the United States. The permit is provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 237990-28 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The "Rivers & Canals" industry has a long and rich history worldwide. The earliest known canal was built in Mesopotamia around 4000 BC, and the first canal in Europe was built in the Netherlands in the 14th century. In the United States, the Erie Canal, completed in 1825, was a major milestone in the development of the country's transportation infrastructure. It connected the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean and allowed for the transportation of goods between the East Coast and the Midwest. In recent history, the industry has seen advancements in technology, such as the use of GPS and drones for surveying and mapping, as well as the development of more efficient dredging techniques. Additionally, there has been a growing focus on sustainability and environmental impact, with efforts to restore and preserve natural waterways.
Future Outlook for Rivers & Canals
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 237990-28 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Rivers & Canals industry in the USA is positive due to the increasing demand for water transportation and the need for infrastructure development. The industry is expected to grow as the government invests in the construction and maintenance of waterways, locks, and dams. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing demand for eco-friendly transportation and the growing trend of using waterways for freight transportation. However, the industry may face challenges due to the increasing competition from other modes of transportation and the impact of climate change on water levels and waterway infrastructure. Overall, the industry is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 237990-28
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Rivers & Canals industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- The Use Of Drones for River and Canal Inspections: Drones equipped with cameras and sensors are being used to inspect waterways, locks, and dams, reducing the need for manual inspections and improving safety.
- The Development Of Eco-Friendly Barges: Companies are developing barges that run on electricity or biofuels, reducing emissions and improving sustainability.
- The Use Of 3D Printing for Canal Locks: 3D printing technology is being used to create canal locks, reducing the time and cost of construction and improving efficiency.
- The Implementation Of Smart Waterway Management Systems: Advanced sensors and data analytics are being used to monitor water levels, traffic, and weather conditions, improving safety and efficiency.
- The Construction Of New Locks and Dams: The government is investing in the construction of new locks and dams to improve the efficiency and safety of water transportation.
NAICS Code 237990-28 - Rivers & Canals
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.