NAICS Code 237130 - Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the construction of power lines and towers, power plants, and radio, television, and telecommunications transmitting/receiving towers. The work performed may include new work, reconstruction, rehabilitation, and repairs. Specialty trade contractors are included in this group if they are engaged in activities primarily related to power and communication line and related structures construction. All structures (including buildings) that are integral parts of power and communication networks (e.g., transmitting towers, substations, and power plants) are included.
NAICS Code 237130 - Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 15,803 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 221,721 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 237130 - Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction are:
- Alternative energy (e.g., geothermal, ocean wave, solar, wind) structure construction
- Cable laying (e.g., cable television, electricity, marine, telephone), including underground
- Cellular phone tower construction
- Co-generation plant construction
- Communication antenna construction
- Communication tower construction
- Construction management, power and communication transmission line
- Electric light and power plant (except hydroelectric) construction
- Electric power transmission line and tower construction
- Electricity generating plant (except hydroelectric) construction
- Fiber optic cable transmission line construction
- Microwave relay tower construction
- Nuclear power plant construction
- Pole line construction
- Power line stringing
- Power plant (except hydroelectric) construction
- Radio transmitting tower construction
- Satellite receiving station construction
- Solar power structure construction
- Substation and switching station, power transmission line, construction
- Telephone line construction
- Telephone line stringing
- Television transmitting tower construction
- Thermal power plant construction
- Tower, power distribution and communication, construction
- Transformer station and substation, electric power, construction
- Transmission and distribution line construction
- Underground cable (e.g., cable television, electricity, telephone) laying
- Utility line (i.e., communication, electric power), construction
- Wind power structure construction
- Constructing hydroelectric generating facilities: classified in NAICS Code - 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction.
- Constructing broadcast studios and similar nonresidential buildings: classified in NAICS Code - 236220 - Commercial and Institutional Building Construction.
- Performing electrical work within buildings: classified in NAICS Code - 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors.
- Line slashing or cutting (except maintenance): classified in NAICS Code - 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors.
- Installing and maintaining communication transmission lines performed by telecommunications companies: classified in NAICS Code - 517 - Telecommunications.
- Locating underground utility lines prior to digging: classified in NAICS Code - 561990 - All Other Support Services.
- Tree and brush trimming for overhead utility lines: classified in NAICS Code - 561730 - Landscaping Services..