NAICS Code 237990-21 - Docks (Builders)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 237990-21 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 237990-21
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Docks (Builders) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Pile driver
- Concrete mixer
- Circular saw
- Power drill
- Welding machine
- Leveling tool
- Surveying equipment
- Tape measure
- Safety harness
- Hard hat
Industry Examples of Docks (Builders)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 237990-21, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Marina construction
- Ferry terminal construction
- Boat dock construction
- Pier construction
- Wharf construction
- Breakwater construction
- Jetty construction
- Seawall construction
- Barge terminal construction
- Dock repair and maintenance
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 237990-21 - Docks (Builders)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certification: This certification is required for all workers on construction sites and covers safety and health hazards in the construction industry. The certification is provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- USACE Quality Management for Contractors: This certification is required for contractors working on US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) projects and covers quality management systems. The certification is provided by the USACE.
- USACE Safety and Health Requirements Manual (EM 385-1-1): This manual outlines the safety and health requirements for contractors working on USACE projects. Compliance with this manual is required for all USACE projects.
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit: This permit is required for construction activities that may discharge pollutants into waters of the United States. The permit is issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- US Coast Guard Bridge Permit: This permit is required for construction activities that may impact navigable waters of the United States. The permit is issued by the US Coast Guard.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 237990-21 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The history of the Docks (Builders) industry dates back to ancient times when the first docks were built in the Mediterranean region to facilitate trade. The first modern dock was built in 1715 in Liverpool, England, which was followed by the construction of the first dry dock in 1720. In the United States, the construction of docks began in the early 19th century, with the construction of the Erie Canal in 1825. The industry saw significant growth during the 20th century, with the construction of large ports and container terminals. Notable advancements in the industry include the development of new materials such as reinforced concrete and steel, which allowed for the construction of larger and more durable docks. In recent years, the industry has focused on improving efficiency and reducing environmental impact through the use of automation and sustainable construction practices.
Future Outlook for Docks (Builders)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 237990-21 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Docks (Builders) industry in the USA is positive due to the increasing demand for water transportation and the growth of the global trade industry. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for dock construction and maintenance services. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing investment in infrastructure projects by the government. However, the industry may face challenges due to the increasing competition from other industries and the rising costs of raw materials and labor. Overall, the industry is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 237990-21
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Docks (Builders) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Use Of Eco-Friendly Materials: Docks (Builders) are increasingly using eco-friendly materials such as recycled plastic and composite materials to construct docks. These materials are durable, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly.
- Use Of Automation: Docks (Builders) are using automation to improve the efficiency of dock construction and maintenance. Automation reduces the time and labor required for construction and maintenance, resulting in cost savings and increased productivity.
- Use Of 3D Printing: Docks (Builders) are using 3D printing technology to create custom parts and components for dock construction and maintenance. This technology allows for faster and more accurate production of parts, resulting in cost savings and improved quality.
- Use Of Drones: Docks (Builders) are using drones to inspect and survey docks. Drones can quickly and accurately inspect docks, reducing the time and labor required for inspections and improving safety.
- Use Of Virtual Reality: Docks (Builders) are using virtual reality technology to design and visualize dock construction projects. This technology allows for more accurate and efficient project planning, resulting in cost savings and improved project outcomes.
NAICS Code 237990-21 - Docks (Builders)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.