NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending
NAICS Code 311225 Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) manufacturing shortening and margarine from purchased fats and oils; (2) refining and/or blending vegetable, oilseed, and tree nut oils from purchased oils; and (3) blending purchased animal fats with purchased vegetable fats.
NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector. There are 364 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 6,200 people.
SBA Size StandardMaximum 1,000 Employees
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 311225
Extended NAICS Codes (8-digit) for Fats and Oils Refining and Blending
In-depth Industry Analysis: Explore Comprehensive Details on NAICS Code Extended Pages
- 311225-01 - Animal & Marine Fats & Oils (Manufacturing)
- 311225-02 - Cotton Oil Mills (Manufacturing)
- 311225-03 - Cottonseed Products (Manufacturing)
- 311225-04 - Fat Dealers (Manufacturing)
- 311225-05 - Fish By-Products (Manufacturing)
- 311225-07 - Margarine (Manufacturing)
- 311225-08 - Oils-Animal & Fish (Manufacturing)
- 311225-10 - Oils-Vegetable (Manufacturing)
- 311225-11 - Olive Oil (Manufacturing)
- 311225-12 - Shortening (Manufacturing)
- 311225-13 - Shortening Tbl Oils Margarine Etc (Manufacturing)
- 311225-14 - Tallow (Manufacturing)
- 311225-15 - Veg Oil Mills-Ex Corn Soybean (Manufacturing)
- 311225-16 - Olive Oil Wholesale (Manufacturing)
Industry Examples of NAICS 311225
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending are:
- Canola (rapeseed) oil, cake and meal, made from purchased oils
- Coconut oil made from purchased oils
- Cooking and baking oil sprays made from purchased oils
- Corn oil made from purchased oils
- Cottonseed oil made from purchased oils
- Flaxseed oil made from purchased oils
- Grease, inedible, animal and vegetable, refining and blending purchased oils
- Hydrogenating purchased oil
- Lecithin made from purchased oils
- Linseed oil made from purchased oils
- Margarine-butter blend made from purchased fats and oils
- Margarines (including imitation) made from purchased fats and oils
- Oil, olive, made from purchased oils
- Oil, vegetable stearin, made from purchased oils
- Olive oil made from purchased oils
- Palm-kernel oil made from purchased oils
- Peanut oil made from purchased oils
- Rapeseed (i.e., canola) oil made from purchased oils
- Safflower oil made from purchased oils
- Shortening made from purchased fats and oils
- Soybean cooking oil made from purchased oils
- Table oil made from purchased oils
- Tree nut oils (e.g., tung, walnut) made from purchased oils
- Vegetable oils made from purchased oils
Example photo for industry NAICS 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Refining and/or blending corn oil made by wet corn milling: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311221 - Wet Corn Milling.
- Refining and/or blending oilseeds and tree nuts in crushing mills: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311224 - Soybean and Other Oilseed Processing.
- Rendering or refining animal fats and oils: classified in NAICS Code - 31161 - Animal Slaughtering and Processing..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 311225 - Fats and Oils Refining and Blending ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$305,901,832
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 311225 is $418,550,840. Canada, Indonesia, and Mexico accounted for the top imports of Margarine & Edible Fats & Oils in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $724,452,672. Canada, Mexico, and Netherlands accounted for the top exports of Margarine & Edible Fats & Oils in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA size standard for NAICS 311225?
Businesses up to 1,000 Employees in size are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 311225?
There are 364 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 311225?
In 2017 the total revenue for Fats and Oils Refining and Blending was $10,201,651,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 311225?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Fats and Oils Refining and Blending was $371,820,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 311225?
The number of reported paid employees is 6,200.