NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling
NAICS Code 311211 Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) milling flour or meal from grains (except rice) or vegetables and/or (2) milling flour and preparing flour mixes or doughs.
NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector. There are 303 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 13,073 people.
SBA Size StandardMaximum 1,000 Employees
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 311211
Industry Examples of NAICS 311211
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling are:
- Barley flour manufacturing
- Batters, prepared, made in flour mills
- Blended flour made in flour mills
- Brewers' and distillers' flakes and grits, corn, manufacturing
- Buckwheat flour manufacturing
- Bulgur (flour) manufacturing
- Cereal grain flour manufacturing
- Cereal grain germ manufacturing
- Corn flour manufacturing
- Corn meal made in flour mills
- Doughs, prepared, made in flour mills
- Durum flour manufacturing
- Farina (except breakfast food) made in flour mills
- Flour mills, cereals grains (except breakfast cereals, rice)
- Flour mixes made in flour mills
- Flour, blended, prepared, or self-rising (except rice), made in flour mills
- Fruit flour, meal, and powders, manufacturing
- Graham flour manufacturing
- Grain mills (except animal feed, breakfast cereal, rice)
- Grits and flakes, corn brewer's, manufacturing
- Hominy grits (except breakfast food), manufacturing
- Meal, corn, for human consumption made in flour mills
- Mixes, flour (e.g., biscuit, cake, doughnut, pancake) made in flour mills
- Oat flour manufacturing
- Potato flour manufacturing
- Prepared flour mixes made in flour mills
- Rye flour manufacturing
- Semolina flour manufacturing
- Sorghum flour manufacturing
- Vegetable flour manufacturing
- Vegetable flour, meal, and powders, made in flour mills
- Wheat bran manufacturing
- Wheat flour manufacturing
- Wheat germ manufacturing
Example photo for industry NAICS 311211 - Flour Milling . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Preparing breakfast cereals from flour milled in the same establishment: classified in NAICS Code - 311230 - Breakfast Cereal Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing prepared flour mixes or doughs from flour ground elsewhere: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311824 - Dry Pasta, Dough, and Flour Mixes Manufacturing from Purchased Flour.
- Milling rice or cleaning and polishing rice: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311212 - Rice Milling.
- Wet milling corn and vegetables: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311221 - Wet Corn Milling.
- Crushing soybean and extracting soybean oil: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311224 - Soybean and Other Oilseed Processing..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 311211 - Flour Milling ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)-$656,318,112
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
|Trinidad and Tobago||$6,263,228|
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 311211 is $1,290,965,868. Canada, Australia, and Mexico accounted for the top imports of Flour & Other Grain Mill Products in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $634,647,756. Mexico, Canada, and Japan accounted for the top exports of Flour & Other Grain Mill Products in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA size standard for NAICS 311211?
Businesses up to 1,000 Employees in size are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 311211?
There are 303 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 311211?
In 2017 the total revenue for Flour Milling was $11,631,961,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 311211?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Flour Milling was $732,321,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 311211?
The number of reported paid employees is 13,073.