NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors
NAICS Code 238220 Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in installing and servicing plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning equipment. Contractors in this industry may provide both parts and labor when performing work. The work performed may include new work, additions, alterations, maintenance, and repairs.
NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 103,976 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 1,028,117 people.
SBA Size StandardAnnual Revenue Limit of $16,500,000
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 238220
Extended NAICS Codes (8-digit) for Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors
In-depth Industry Analysis: Explore Comprehensive Details on NAICS Code Extended Pages
- 238220-01 - Air Balancing
- 238220-02 - Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems
- 238220-03 - Air Conditioning Equipment Test & Balancing
- 238220-05 - Air Pollution Control
- 238220-07 - Boilers-Inspection
- 238220-08 - Boilers Repairing & Cleaning
- 238220-09 - Cooling Systems-Machine
- 238220-10 - Cooling Towers
- 238220-11 - Duct Systems-Air Conditioning & Heating
- 238220-12 - Plumbing Contractors Referral Service
- 238220-13 - Energy Management Systems & Products
- 238220-14 - Furnaces Repairing & Cleaning
- 238220-15 - Gas Burners-Service
- 238220-16 - Gas Fitters
- 238220-17 - Gas Furnaces
- 238220-18 - Grease Traps & Sand Traps-Service
- 238220-19 - Heat Pumps
- 238220-20 - Heating Contractors
- 238220-21 - Heating Specialties
- 238220-22 - Heating Systems-Cleaning & Repairing
- 238220-23 - Humidifying Apparatus
- 238220-24 - Slab Leaks
- 238220-25 - Plumbing Contractors
- 238220-26 - Plumbing Drains & Sewer Consultants
- 238220-27 - Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning
- 238220-28 - Fire Sprinkler Systems Installation
- 238220-29 - Radiant Heating & Cooling Systems
- 238220-30 - Sheet Metal Work Contractors
- 238220-32 - Solar Heating Contractors
- 238220-33 - Solar Heating Systems
- 238220-34 - Steam Fitters
- 238220-35 - Ventilating Contractors
- 238220-36 - Blowers & Blower Systems
- 238220-38 - Pipe & Leak Locating
- 238220-39 - Sewer & Drain Cleaning-Service Repair
- 238220-40 - Heating Systems Alternative
- 238220-41 - Clothes-Dryer-Venting-Installation-Coml
- 238220-42 - Instruments-Industrial Repairing
- 238220-43 - Tools-Pneumatic Repairing
- 238220-44 - Soldering Service
- 238220-45 - Leak Detecting Service
- 238220-46 - Pipe Thawing
- 238220-47 - Pipe-Sealing Service-Industrial
- 238220-48 - Piping-Process & Industrial
- 238220-49 - Air Duct Sealing
- 238220-50 - Commercial Equipment-Installation
- 238220-51 - Lift Station Maintenance & Repair
- 238220-52 - Sump Pump Service & Repair
Industry Examples of NAICS 238220
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors are:
- Air system balancing and testing
- Air vent installation
- Air-conditioning system (except window) installation
- Bathroom plumbing fixture and sanitary ware installation
- Blower or fan, cooling and dry heating, installation
- Boiler chipping, cleaning and scaling
- Boiler, heating, installation
- Central air-conditioning equipment installation
- Central cooling equipment and piping installation
- Central heating equipment and piping installation
- Chilled water system installation
- Chimney liner installation
- Commercial freezer installation
- Commercial refrigeration system installation
- Cooling tower installation
- Drain, waste and vent system installation
- Drinking fountain installation
- Dry heating equipment installation
- Duct work (e.g., cooling, dust collection, exhaust, heating, ventilation) installation
- Dust collecting and bag house equipment installation
- Exhaust system (e.g., kitchens, industrial work areas) installation
- Fire extinguisher installation
- Fire extinguisher installation and repair
- Fire sprinkler system installation
- Fireplace, natural gas, installation
- Fuel oil burner installation
- Furnace conversion (i.e., from one fuel to another)
- Furnace humidifier installation
- Furnace installation
- Furnace, forced air, installation
- Gas fitting contractor
- Gas line installation, individual hookup, contractors
- Heat pump installation
- Heating and cooling duct work installation
- Heating and ventilation system component (e.g., air registers, diffusers, filters, grilles, sound attenuators) installation
- Heating boiler installation
- Heating contractors
- Heating equipment installation
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) contractors
- Hot water heating system installation
- Hot water tank installation
- Household oil storage tank installation
- HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) contractors
- Hydronic heating system installation
- Industrial process piping installation
- Kitchen sink and hardware installation
- Lawn sprinkler system installation
- Mechanical contractors
- Natural gas piping installation
- Oil burner installation
- Pipe fitting contractors
- Plumbing and heating contractors
- Plumbing contractors
- Plumbing fixture installation
- Process piping installation
- Pumping system, water, installation
- Radiant floor heating equipment installation
- Refrigeration system (e.g., commercial, industrial, scientific) installation
- Sanitary ware installation
- Scrubber, air purification, installation
- Sewer hookup and connection, building
- Sheet metal duct work installation
- Snow melting system (e.g., hot water, glycol) installation
- Solar heating equipment installation
- Sprinkler system, building, installation
- Steam fitting contractors
- Sump pump installation
- Ventilating contractors
- Warehouse refrigeration system installation
- Warm air heating system installation
- Water heater installation
- Water meter installation
- Water softener installation
- Water system balancing and testing contractors
- Waterless fire suppression system installation
- Waterless fire suppression system installation and repair
Example photo for industry NAICS 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Installing electrical controls for HVAC systems: classified in NAICS Code - 238210 - Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors.
- Duct cleaning: classified in NAICS Code - 561790 - Other Services to Buildings and Dwellings.
- Installing septic tanks: classified in NAICS Code - 238910 - Site Preparation Contractors..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 238220 - Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the NAICS Code for HVAC Companies?
HVAC companies are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. This industry classification also includes plumbing related businesses and air-conditioning contractors.
What is the NAICS Code for Plumbers?
Plumbers have a NAICS Code of 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors.
What is the NAICS Code for Heating Contractors?
Heating Contractors are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. There are over 15,000 heating contractor companies in the USA. Some of the leading brands and companies in this industry include Heil, Arco Aire, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, Coleman, American Standard, Janitrol, Amana, Armstrong, Bryant, Carrier, Goodman, Fedders, Lennox, Luxaire, Payne, Rheem, Comfortmaker, Tappan, Trane, General Electric, Whirlpool, Day & Night, and York. The Extended SIC Code for this industry is SIC Code 171102- Heating Contractors.
How many plumbing companies specialize in Hydro Jetting?
There are over 1,000 companies that specialize in Hydro Jetting.
How many plumbing contractors focus on water line repair?
There are over 2,000 companies that have made it their specialty to become specialists in water line repair and replacement.
What is the NAICS Code for Heat Pump contractors?
These businesses are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. There are over 300 companies classified as Heat Pump contractors.
What NAICS Code are Mechanical Contractors classified under?
Mechanical Contractors are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors. For business targeting, there is an Extended SIC Code strictly for Mechanical Contractors. The SIC Code is 171114 – Mechanical Contractors. There are more than 9,000 Mechanical Contractors in the USA.
Companies that specialize in Energy Management Systems have what NAICS Code?
These businesses are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors and Extended SIC Code 171131 – Energy Management Systems and Products. There are more than 7,000 companies in this industry in the USA.
What NAICS Code are Refrigeration Contractors classified under?
Refrigeration Contractors are classified under NAICS Code 238220 – Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors and Extended SIC Code 171126 – Refrigeration Contractors. There are only 130 companies that have their main focus in this industry.
What is the SBA NAICS 238220 revenue limit?
Businesses with an annual revenue under $16,500,000 are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 238220?
There are 103,976 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 238220?
In 2017 the total revenue for Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors was $207,887,157,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 238220?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors was $60,386,093,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 238220?
The number of reported paid employees is 1,028,117.