NAICS Code 115114 - Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning)
Industry SectorAgriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in performing services on crops, subsequent to their harvest, with the intent of preparing them for market or further processing. These establishments provide postharvest activities, such as crop cleaning, sun drying, shelling, fumigating, curing, sorting, grading, packing, and cooling.
NAICS Code 115114 - Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning) is a final level code of the “Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting” Sector. There are 1,566 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 34,574 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 115114 - Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning) are:
- Alfalfa, sun drying
- Almond hulling and shelling
- Banana ripening
- Bean cleaning
- Corn drying
- Corn shelling
- Crop cleaning
- Decorticating flax
- Delinting cottonseed
- Filbert hulling and shelling
- Fruit precooling
- Fruit sorting, grading, and packing
- Fruit, sun drying
- Fruit, vacuum cooling
- Fumigating grain
- Grain cleaning
- Grain drying
- Grain fumigation
- Grain grinding (except custom grinding for animal feed)
- Hulling and shelling of nuts
- Irradiation of fruits and vegetables
- Nut hulling and shelling
- Packaging fresh or farm-dried fruits and vegetables
- Packing fruits and vegetables
- Peanut shelling
- Pecan hulling and shelling
- Potato curing
- Retting flax
- Rice drying
- Seed cleaning
- Seed processing, post-harvest for propagation
- Sorting, grading, cleaning, and packing of fruits and vegetables
- Sun drying of dates, prunes, raisins, and olives
- Sun drying of fruits and vegetables
- Sun drying of tomatoes
- Sweet potato curing
- Tobacco grading
- Vegetable precooling
- Vegetable sorting, grading, and packing
- Vegetable sun drying
- Vegetable vacuum cooling
- Walnut hulling and shelling
- Waxing, fruits or vegetables
Example photo for industry NAICS 115114 - Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning) . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Ginning cotton: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 115111 - Cotton Ginning.
- Custom grain grinding for animal feed: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311119 - Other Animal Food Manufacturing.
- Artificially drying and dehydrating fruits and vegetables: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 311423 - Dried and Dehydrated Food Manufacturing.
- Stemming and redrying tobacco: classified in NAICS Code - 312230 - Tobacco Manufacturing.
- Buying farm products for resale to other wholesalers or retailers and preparing them for market or further processing: classified in NAICS Code - 424480 - Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Merchant Wholesalers.
- Providing farm management services (i.e., on a contract or fee basis) and arranging or contracting postharvesting crop activities for the farm(s) it manages: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 115116 - FarmManagement Services..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 115114 - Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning) ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.