NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing
NAICS Code 339112 Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing medical, surgical, ophthalmic, and veterinary instruments and apparatus (except electrotherapeutic, electromedical and irradiation apparatus). Examples of products made by these establishments are syringes, hypodermic needles, anesthesia apparatus, blood transfusion equipment, catheters, surgical clamps, and medical thermometers.
NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector. There are 4,279 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 108,495 people.
SBA Size StandardMaximum 1,000 Employees
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 339112
Extended NAICS Codes (8-digit) for Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing
In-depth Industry Analysis: Explore Comprehensive Details on NAICS Code Extended Pages
- 339112-01 - Hospital Equipment & Supplies (Manufacturing)
- 339112-02 - Oxygen Therapy Equipment (Manufacturing)
- 339112-03 - Physicians & Surgeons Equipment & Supplies (Manufacturing)
- 339112-04 - Physicians/Surgeons Equipment Spec Designed (Manufacturing)
- 339112-05 - Scientific Instrument Designers (Manufacturing)
- 339112-06 - Surgical Instruments (Manufacturing)
- 339112-07 - Surgical/Med Instruments/Apparatus (Mfr) (Manufacturing)
- 339112-08 - Thermometers (Manufacturing)
- 339112-09 - Veterinarians Equipment & Supplies (Manufacturing)
- 339112-10 - Medical Cleaning Equipment (Manufacturing)
Industry Examples of NAICS 339112
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing are:
- Anesthesia apparatus manufacturing
- Blood pressure apparatus manufacturing
- Blood transfusion equipment manufacturing
- Bone drills manufacturing
- Bone plates and screws manufacturing
- Bone rongeurs manufacturing
- Bronchoscopes (except electromedical) manufacturing
- Cannulae manufacturing
- Catheters manufacturing
- Clamps, surgical, manufacturing
- Corneal microscopes manufacturing
- Cystoscopes (except electromedical) manufacturing
- Eye examining instruments and apparatus manufacturing
- Forceps, surgical, manufacturing
- Gastroscopes (except electromedical) manufacturing
- Hypodermic needles and syringes manufacturing
- Inhalation therapy equipment manufacturing
- Inhalators, surgical and medical, manufacturing
- Instruments, mechanical microsurgical, manufacturing
- IV apparatus manufacturing
- Knives, surgical, manufacturing
- Medical thermometers manufacturing
- Needles, hypodermic and suture, manufacturing
- Ophthalmic instruments and apparatus (except laser surgical) manufacturing
- Ophthalmometers and ophthalmoscopes manufacturing
- Optometers manufacturing
- Oxygen tents manufacturing
- Pelvimeters manufacturing
- Physiotherapy equipment (except electrotherapeutic) manufacturing
- Probes, surgical, manufacturing
- Retinoscopes (except electromedical) manufacturing
- Retractors, medical, manufacturing
- Saws, surgical, manufacturing
- Skin grafting equipment manufacturing
- Speculums manufacturing
- Sphygmomanometers manufacturing
- Stethoscopes manufacturing
- Suction therapy apparatus manufacturing
- Surgical clamps manufacturing
- Surgical knife blades and handles manufacturing
- Surgical stapling devices manufacturing
- Syringes, hypodermic, manufacturing
- Thermometers, medical, manufacturing
- Tonometers, medical, manufacturing
- Trocars manufacturing
- Veterinarians' instruments and apparatus manufacturing
Example photo for industry NAICS 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Manufacturing electromedical and electrotherapeutic apparatus: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 334510 - Electromedical and Electrotherapeutic Apparatus Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing irradiation apparatus: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 334517 - Irradiation Apparatus Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing surgical and orthopedic appliances or specialized hospital furniture (except dental) (e.g., hospital beds, operating tables): classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 339113 - Surgical Appliance and SuppliesManufacturing.
- Manufacturing dental equipment, dental supplies, dental laboratory apparatus, and dental laboratory furniture: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 339114 - Dental Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing general purpose hospital, laboratory and/or dental furniture (e.g., stools, tables, benches): are classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 337127 - Institutional Furniture Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing thermometers (except medical): classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 334519 - Other Measuring and Controlling Device Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing ophthalmic goods: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 339115 - Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 339112 - Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$2,511,436,891
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 339112 is $15,869,213,422. Mexico, Ireland, and Germany accounted for the top imports of Surgical & Medical Instruments in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $18,380,650,313. Netherlands, Japan, and Belgium accounted for the top exports of Surgical & Medical Instruments in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA size standard for NAICS 339112?
Businesses up to 1,000 Employees in size are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 339112?
There are 4,279 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 339112?
In 2017 the total revenue for Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing was $39,773,374,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 339112?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing was $7,451,183,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 339112?
The number of reported paid employees is 108,495.