NAICS Code 236210 - Industrial Building Construction
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This industry comprises establishments primarily responsible for the construction (including new work, additions, alterations, maintenance, and repairs) of industrial buildings (except warehouses). The construction of selected additional structures, whose production processes are similar to those for industrial buildings (e.g., incinerators, cement plants, blast furnaces, and similar nonbuilding structures), is included in this industry. Included in this industry are industrial building general contractors, industrial building for-sale builders, industrial building designbuild firms, and industrial building construction management firms.
NAICS Code 236210 - Industrial Building Construction is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 1,377 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 77,248 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 236210 - Industrial Building Construction are:
- Acid plant construction
- Addition, alteration and renovation, for-sale builders, industrial building (except warehouses)
- Addition, alteration and renovation, general contractors, industrial building (except warehouses)
- Addition, alteration and renovation, industrial building (except warehouses)
- Aluminum plant construction
- Ammonium plant construction
- Assembly plant construction
- Blast furnace construction
- Cannery construction
- Cement plant construction
- Chemical (except petrochemical process type) plant construction
- Clean room construction
- Construction management, industrial building (except warehouses)
- Factory construction
- Fish processing plant construction
- Food processing plant construction
- For-sale builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), industrial building (except warehouses)
- Foundry construction
- Furnace (i.e., industrial plant structure) construction
- Garbage disposal plant construction
- Incinerator, mass-burn type, construction
- Incinerator, municipal waste disposal, construction
- Industrial building (except warehouses) construction
- Industrial building (except warehouses) construction, for-sale builders
- Industrial building (except warehouses) construction, general contractors
- Kiln construction
- Manufacturing building construction
- Materials recovery facility construction
- Metal processing plant construction
- Mine loading and discharging station construction
- Motor vehicle assembly plant construction
- Ore and metal refinery construction
- Oven, industrial plant, construction
- Paper or pulp mill construction
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant construction
- Prefabricated industrial building (except warehouses) erection
- Printing plant construction
- Refuse disposal plant (except sewage treatment) construction
- Smelter construction
- Speculative builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), industrial building (except warehouses)
- Steel mill construction
- Textile mill construction
- Tipple, mining, construction
- Washery, mining, construction
- Waste disposal plant (except sewage treatment) construction
Example photo for industry NAICS 236210 - Industrial Building Construction . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Constructing oil refineries and petrochemical plants: classified in NAICS Code - 237120 - Oil and Gas Pipeline and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, and pumping stations for water and sewer systems: classified in NAICS Code - 237110 - Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing power generation plants (except hydroelectric): classified in NAICS Code - 237130 - Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction.
- Constructing industrial warehouses: classified in NAICS Code - 236220 - Commercial and Institutional Building Construction.
- Performing specialized construction work on industrial buildings, generally on a subcontract basis: classified in NAICS Code - 238 - Specialty Trade Contractors..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 236210 - Industrial Building Construction ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Industrial Building Construction to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Industrial Building Construction with average annual receipts under 40 million USD may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 236210?
There are 1,377 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 236210?
In 2017 the total revenue for Industrial Building Construction was $30,268,017,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 236210?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Industrial Building Construction was $5,009,101,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 236210?
The number of reported paid employees is 77,248.