ISIC Code 3011 - Building Of Ships And Floating Structures
This class includes the building of ships, except vessels for sports or recreation, and the construction of floating structures.
This class includes:
- Building of commercial vessels:
- Passenger vessels, ferry boats, cargo ships, tankers, tugs etc.
- Building of warships
- Building of fishing boats and fish-processing factory vessels
- Building of hovercraft (except recreation-type hovercraft)
- Construction of drilling platforms, floating or submersible
- Construction of floating structures:
- Floating docks, pontoons, coffer-dams, floating landing stages, buoys, floating tanks, barges, lighters, floating cranes, non-recreational inflatable rafts etc.
- Manufacture of sections for ships and floating structures
This class excludes:
- Manufacture of parts of vessels, other than major hull assemblies:
- Manufacture of navigational instruments, see ISIC Code - 2651
- Manufacture of lighting equipment for ships, see ISIC Code - 2740
- Manufacture of amphibious motor vehicles, see ISIC Code - 2910
- Manufacture of inflatable boats or rafts for recreation, see ISIC Code - 3012
- Specialized repair and maintenance of ships and floating structures, see ISIC Code - 3315
- Ship-breaking, see ISIC Code - 3830
- Interior installation of boats, see ISIC Code - 4330