SIC Code 28 - Chemicals and Allied Products
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This major group includes establishments producing basic chemicals, and establishments manufacturing products by predominantly chemical processes.
Establishments classified in this major group manufacture three general classes of products:
(1) basic chemicals, such as acids, alkalies, salts, and organic chemicals
(2) chemical products to be used in further manufacture, such as synthetic fibers, plastics materials, dry colors, and pigments
(3) finished chemical products to be used for ultimate consumption, such as drugs, cosmetics, and soaps; or to be used as materials or supplies in other industries, such as paints, fertilizers, and explosives.
Hierarchy Navigation for SIC Code 28
Parent Category (less specific)
Subcategories (more specific)
- 281 - Industrial Inorganic Chemicals
- 282 - Plastics Materials and Synthetic Resins, Synthetic Rubber
- 283 - Drugs
- 284 - Soap, Detergents, and Cleaning Preparations; Perfumes, Cosmetics, and Other Toilet Preparations
- 285 - Paints, Varnishes, Lacquers, Enamels, and Allied Products
- 286 - Industrial Organic Chemicals
- 287 - Agricultural Chemicals
- 289 - Miscellaneous Chemical Products
Example photo for industry SIC 28 - Chemicals and Allied Products. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
The mining of natural alkalies and other natural potassium, sodium, and boron compounds, of natural rock salt, and of other natural chemicals and fertilizers are classified in SIC Code - 10-14, SIC Code - 147. Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing nonferrous metals and high-percentage ferroalloys are classified in SIC Code - 33; those manufacturing silicon carbide are classified in SIC Code - 32; those manufacturing baking powder, other leavening compounds, and starches are classified in SIC Code - 20; and those manufacturing artists' colors are classified in SIC Code - 39. Establishments primarily engaged in packaging, repackaging, and bottling of purchased chemical products, but not engaged in manufacturing chemicals and allied products, are classified in SIC Code - 50-51, or SIC Code - 52-59.
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within SIC Code 28 - Chemicals and Allied Products. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within SIC Code 28 - Chemicals and Allied Products for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in SIC Code 28 - Chemicals and Allied Products? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.