NAICS Code 813311 - Human Rights Organizations
Industry SectorOther Services (except Public Administration)
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in promoting causes associated with human rights either for a broad or specific constituency. Establishments in this industry address issues, such as protecting and promoting the broad constitutional rights and civil liberties of individuals and those suffering from neglect, abuse, or exploitation; promoting the interests of specific groups, such as children, women, senior citizens, or persons with disabilities; improving relations between racial, ethnic, and cultural groups; and promoting voter education and registration. These organizations may solicit contributions and offer memberships to support these causes.
NAICS Code 813311 - Human Rights Organizations is a final level code of the “Other Services (except Public Administration)” Sector. There are 13,316 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 38,903 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 813311 - Human Rights Organizations are:
- Associations for retired persons, advocacy
- Civil liberties organizations
- Civil liberty organizations
- Developmentally disabled advocacy organizations
- Human rights advocacy organizations
- Intellectually and developmentally disabled advocacy groups
- Senior citizens advocacy organizations
- Veterans' rights organizations
- Promoting the interests of organized labor and union employees: classified in NAICS Code - 813930 - Labor Unions and Similar Labor Organizations.
- Providing legal services for human rights organizations: classified in NAICS Code - 5411 - Legal Services..