SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
Establishments primarily engaged in providing social services, not elsewhere classified, including establishments primarily engaged in community improvement and social change. Organizations primarily engaged in soliciting contributions on their own account and administering appropriations and allocating funds among other agencies engaged in social welfare services are also included.
SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified is a final level code of the “Services” Division. There are 71,781 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 870 people.
Common types of examples within SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified are:
- Advocacy groups
- Antipoverty boards
- Community action agencies
- Community chests
- Community development groups
- Councils for social agencies, exceptional children, and poverty
- Fundraising organizations, except on a contract or fee basis
- Health and welfare councils
- Health systems agencies
- Regional planning organizations, for social services
- Social change associations
- Social service information exchanges: e.g., alcoholism, drug addiction
- United fund councils
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in SIC Code 8399 - Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Extended SIC Code Categories for SIC 8399
For business marketing and targeting, SIC Codes have been extended to provide more specific classifications within SIC Code 8399 – Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified. Extended SIC Codes are being continuously updated to reflect the current business environment.
- 839901 Drug Abuse & Addiction Info & Treatment
- 839902 Alcoholism Information & Treatment Ctrs
- 839903 Abortion Alternatives Organizations
- 839904 Child Abuse Information & Treatment Ctrs
- 839905 Disability Services
- 839906 Gambling Abuse/addiction Info/treatment
- 839907 Fund Raising Counselors & Organizations
- 839908 Human Services Organizations
- 839909 Handicapped Services & Organizations
- 839910 Smokers Information & Treatment Centers
- 839911 Medical Management Service
- 839912 Suicide Prevention Service
- 839913 Indian Reservations & Tribes
- 839914 Community Action Agencies
- 839915 Gay & Lesbian Organizations
- 839916 Breastfeeding Supplies & Information
- 839917 Crime Prevention Programs
- 839918 Volunteer Workers Placement Service
- 839919 Charitable Institutions
- 839921 Addiction Treatment Centers
- 839922 Background Screening
- 839924 Dependency Information & Help Centres
- 839925 Memorial Societies
- 839929 Epilepsy Educational Referral/sprt Services
- 839930 Tax Advocacy
- 839998 Non-Profit Organizations
- 839999 Social Services Nec
- 8399001 Social Services Nec
- 8399002 Community Development Groups
- 8399003 Fund Raising Counselors & Organizations
- 8399004 Advocacy Groups
- 8399005 Health Systems Agency
- 8399006 Community Action Agencies
- 8399007 Social Services Information Exchange
- 8399008 Social Change Association
- 8399009 Health & Welfare Council
- 8399010 Council For Social Agency
- 8399011 Neighborhood Development Group
- 8399012 United Fund Councils
- 8399013 Regional Planning Organization
- 8399014 Antipoverty Board
- 8399015 Community Chest
- 8399016 Drug Abuse & Addiction Info & Treatment
- 8399017 Alcoholism Information & Treatment Ctrs
- 8399018 Abortion Alternatives Organizations
- 8399019 Child Abuse Information & Treatment Ctrs
- 8399020 Disability Services
- 8399021 Gambling Abuse/addiction Info/treatment
- 8399022 Human Services Organizations
- 8399023 Handicapped Services & Organizations
- 8399024 Smokers Information & Treatment Centers
- 8399025 Medical Management Services
- 8399026 Suicide Prevention Services
- 8399027 Indian Reservations & Tribes
- 8399028 Gay & Lesbian Organizations
- 8399029 Breastfeeding Supplies & Information
- 8399030 Crime Prevention Programs
- 8399031 Volunteer Workers Placement Services
- 8399032 Charitable Institutions
- 8399033 Addiction Treatment Centers
- 8399034 Background Screening
- 8399035 Dependency Information & Help Centres
- 8399036 Memorial Societies
- 8399037 Epilepsy Educational Referral/support Services
- 8399038 Tax Advocacy
- 8399039 Non-Profit Organizations
- 83990000 Social Services, Nec
- 83990100 Community Development Groups
- 83990101 Community Action Agency
- 83990102 Community Chest
- 83990103 Neighborhood Development Group
- 83999901 Advocacy Group
- 83999902 Antipoverty Board
- 83999903 Council For Social Agency
- 83999904 Fund Raising Organization, Non-Fee Basis
- 83999905 Health And Welfare Council
- 83999906 Health Systems Agency
- 83999907 Regional Planning Organization
- 83999908 Social Change Association
- 83999909 Social Service Information Exchange
- 83999910 United Fund Councils
Questions & Answers
What is the SIC Code for Nonprofits?
Nonprofit organizations are classified in SIC Code 8399 – Social Services, Not Elsewhere Classified. The Extended SIC Code 839998 is the SIC Code specifically for nonprofits. Some of the larger nonprofits in the USA include American Chemical Society, Compassion International, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Henry M Jackson Foundation, Jewish Senior Life, Kindervelt of Children’s Hospital, Misericordia Home, VNA Care Network, and World Vision.
What is the SIC Code for Charitable Institutions?
There are over 5,000 charitable institutions in the USA. The Extended SIC Code 839919 is for Charitable Institutions.
What is the SIC Code for Addiction Centers?
There are a few SIC Codes related to addiction and dependency. Extended SIC Code 839901 is for Drug Abuse & Addiction Info & Treatment. Extended SIC Code 839902 covers Alcoholism Information & Treatment Centers. Gambling Abuse & Addiction Information and Treatment Centers are under Extended SIC Code 839906. Smokers Information and Treatment Centers are classified under Extended SIC Code 839910. For General Addiction Treatment Centers, the Extended SIC Code is 839921.
What is the SIC Code for Human Service Organizations?
There are over 2,500 Human Service Organizations in the USA. These organizations are classified under Extended SIC Code 839908.
Is there a SIC Code for Fundraisers?
Yes, these organizations are classified under Extended SIC Code 839907 – Fund Raising Counselors and Organizations. There are over 1,000 organizations in this industry in the USA.