NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating and/or providing access to transmission facilities and infrastructure that they own and/or lease for the transmission of voice, data, text, sound, and video using wired telecommunications networks. Transmission facilities may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies. Establishments in this industry use the wired telecommunications network facilities that they operate to provide a variety of services, such as wired telephony services, including VoIP services; wired (cable) audio and video programming distribution; and wired broadband Internet services. By exception, establishments providing satellite television distribution services using facilities and infrastructure that they operate are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers is a final level code of the “Information” Sector. There are 4,172 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 741,362 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers are:
- Cable program distribution operators
- Cable television distribution services
- Cable TV providers (except networks)
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV) services
- Direct broadcast satellite (DBS) services
- Direct-to-home satellite system (DTH) services
- Internet service providers, using own operated wired telecommunications infrastructure (e.g., cable, DSL)
- Local telephone carriers, wired
- Long-distance telephone carriers, wired
- Multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS)
- Music program distribution, cable or satellite
- On-line access service providers, using own operated wired telecommunications infrastructure
- Satellite master antenna television service (SMATV)
- Satellite television distribution systems
- Telecommunications carriers, wired
- Television operations, closed-circuit
- VoIP service providers, using own operated wired telecommunications infrastructure
Example photo for industry NAICS 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Producing and distributing a channel of television programming for cable or satellite television systems: classified in NAICS Code - 515210 - Cable and Other Subscription Programming.
- Operating and maintaining wireless telecommunications networks: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 517312 - Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite).
- Producing and distributing radio programs for cable or satellite radio systems: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 515111 - Radio Networks.
- Reselling telecommunications services (except satellite telecommunications), without operating a network: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 517911 - Telecommunications Resellers.
- Reselling satellite telecommunications services: classified in NAICS Code - 517410 - Satellite Telecommunications.
- Providing Internet access services via client-supplied telecommunications connections (e.g., dial up ISPs): classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 517919 - All Other Telecommunications.
- Providing voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) services via client-supplied telecommunications connections: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 517919 - All Other Telecommunications; .
- Providing limited Internet connectivity at locations known as Internet cafes, in combination with other services such as facsimile services, training, rental of on-site personal computers, game rooms, or food services: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 561439 - Other Business Service Centers (including Copy Shops), or Subsector 722, Food Services and Drinking Places, depending on the primary activity.
- Operating coin-operated pay telephones: classified in NAICS Code - 812990 - All Other Personal Services..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 517311 - Wired Telecommunications Carriers ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Wired Telecommunications Carriers to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Wired Telecommunications Carriers with under 1,500 employees may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 517311?
There are 4,172 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 517311?
In 2017 the total revenue for Wired Telecommunications Carriers was $322,237,792,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 517311?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Wired Telecommunications Carriers was $56,980,942,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 517311?
The number of reported paid employees is 741,362.