NAICS Code 31142 - Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying
NAICS Code 31142 Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing canned, pickled, and dried fruits, vegetables, and specialty foods. Establishments in this industry may package the dried or dehydrated ingredients they make with other purchased ingredients. Examples of products made by these establishments are canned juices; canned baby foods; canned soups (except seafood); canned dry beans; canned tomato-based sauces, such as catsup, salsa, chili, spaghetti, barbeque, and tomato paste, pickles, relishes, jams and jellies, dried soup mixes and bullions, and sauerkraut.
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 31142
Parent Category (less specific)
- Manufacturing canned dairy products: classified in NAICS Code - 31151 - Dairy Product (except Frozen) Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing canned seafood soups and seafood products: classified in NAICS Code - 31171 - Seafood Product Preparation and Packaging.
- Manufacturing canned meat products: classified in NAICS Code - 31161 - Animal Slaughtering and Processing.
- Milling rice and packaging it with other ingredients or manufacturing vegetable flours and meals: classified in NAICS Code - 31121 - Flour Milling and Malt Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing dry pasta and packaging it with other ingredients: classified in NAICS Code - 31182 - Cookie, Cracker, and Pasta Manufacturing.
- Mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated potatoes, rice, and pasta and packaging them with other purchased ingredients; mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated ingredients for soup mixes and bouillon;and manufacturing canned puddings: classified in NAICS Code - 31199 - All Other Food Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing dry salad dressing and dry sauce mixes: classified in NAICS Code - 31194 - Seasoning and Dressing Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing canned fruit and vegetable drinks, cocktails, and ades: classified in NAICS Code - 31211 - Soft Drink and Ice Manufacturing..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 31142 - Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 31142 - Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 31142 - Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)-$3,348,862,913
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 31142 is $7,330,120,892. China, Mexico, and Canada accounted for the top imports of Fruits & Vegetables in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $3,981,257,979. Canada, Japan, and Mexico accounted for the top exports of Fruits & Vegetables in 2018.
Questions & Answers
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 31142?
There are 588 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 31142?
In 2017 the total revenue for Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying was $39,410,854,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 31142?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying was $3,630,499,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 31142?
The number of reported paid employees is 70,175.