NAICS Code 212230 - Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining
Industry SectorMining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in developing the mine site, mining, and/or beneficiating (i.e., preparing) ores valued chiefly for their copper, nickel, lead, or zinc content. Beneficiating includes the transformation of ores into concentrates. Establishments primarily engaged in recovering copper concentrates by the precipitation, leaching, or electrowinning of copper ore are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 212230 - Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining is a final level code of the “Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction” Sector. There are 6 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 12,986 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 212230 - Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining are:
- Blende (zinc) mining and/or beneficiating
- Calamine mining and/or beneficiating
- Cerussite mining and/or beneficiating
- Chalcocite mining and/or beneficiating
- Chalcopyrite mining and/or beneficiating
- Copper beneficiating plants
- Copper ore concentrates recovery
- Copper ore mine site development for own account
- Copper ores mining and/or beneficiating
- Copper-water precipitates
- Cuprite mining and/or beneficiating
- Galena mining and/or beneficiating
- Lead ore mine site development for own account
- Lead ore mining and/or beneficiating
- Lead-zinc ore mining and/or beneficiating
- Nickel concentrates recovery
- Nickel ore beneficiating plants
- Nickel ore mine site development for own account
- Nickel ores mining and/or beneficiating
- Smithsonite mining and/or beneficiating
- Sphalerite mining and/or beneficiating
- Willemite mining and/or beneficiating
- Zinc ore mine site development for own account
- Zinc ores mining and/or beneficiating
- Zinc-blende (sphalerite) mining and/or beneficiating
- Zincite mining and/or beneficiating
Example photo for industry NAICS 212230 - Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Refining copper concentrates: classified in NAICS Code - 331410 - Nonferrous Metal (except Aluminum) Smelting and Refining.
- Developing the mine site, mining, and/or beneficiating iron and manganiferous ores valued for their iron content: classified in NAICS Code - 212210 - Iron Ore Mining..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 212230 - Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$4,137,321,195
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
|United Arab Emirates||$2,508|
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 212230 is $139,179,612. Mexico, Canada, and China accounted for the top imports of Copper, Nickel, Lead & Zinc in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $4,276,500,807. Mexico, Canada, and China accounted for the top exports of Copper, Nickel, Lead & Zinc in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining with under 750 employees may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 212230?
There are 6 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 212230?
In 2017 the total revenue for Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining was $12,350,109,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 212230?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining was $900,020,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 212230?
The number of reported paid employees is 12,986.