NAICS Code 212210 - Iron Ore Mining
Industry SectorMining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) developing mine sites, mining, and/or beneficiating (i.e., preparing) iron ores and manganiferous ores valued chiefly for their iron content and/or (2) producing sinter iron ore (except iron ore produced in iron and steel mills) and other iron ore agglomerates.
NAICS Code 212210 - Iron Ore Mining is a final level code of the “Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction” Sector. There are 3 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 4,925 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 212210 - Iron Ore Mining are:
- Agglomerates, iron ore, beneficiating
- Briquets, iron, mining and/or beneficiating
- Brown ore mining and/or beneficiating
- Hematite mining and/or beneficiating
- Iron ore (e.g., hematite, magnetite, siderite, taconite) mining and/or beneficiating
- Iron ore agglomerates mining and/or beneficiating
- Iron ore beneficiating plants (e.g., agglomeration, sintering)
- Iron ore mine site development for own account
- Iron ore, blocked, mining and/or beneficiating
- Limonite mining and/or beneficiating
- Manganiferous ores valued for iron content, mining and/or beneficiating
- Siderite mining and/or beneficiating
- Sintered iron ore produced at the mine
- Taconite concentrates or agglomerates beneficiating
- Taconite ores mining and/or beneficiating
Example photo for industry NAICS 212210 - Iron Ore Mining. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 212210 - Iron Ore Mining? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
USA Import, Export, and Balance of Trade
Balance of Trade (USD)$391,518,187
Top Countries by U.S. Imports
Top Countries by U.S. Exports
Countries With Highest Trade Surplus
Countries With Highest Trade Deficit
U.S. Total Import value for NAICS Code 212210 is $589,659,456. Brazil, Canada, and Sweden accounted for the top imports of Iron Ores in 2018.
U.S. Total Export value for this industry is $981,177,643. Canada, Japan, and Mexico accounted for the top exports of Iron Ores in 2018.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Iron Ore Mining to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Iron Ore Mining with under 750 employees may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 212210?
There are 3 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 212210?
In 2017 the total revenue for Iron Ore Mining was $3,443,968,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 212210?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Iron Ore Mining was $410,952,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 212210?
The number of reported paid employees is 4,925.