ISIC Code 8690 - Other Human Health Activities
This class includes:
- Activities for human health not performed by hospitals or by medical doctors or dentists:
- Activities of nurses, midwives, physiotherapists or other paramedical practitioners in the field of optometry, hydrotherapy, medical massage, occupational therapy, speech therapy, chiropody, homeopathy, chiropractice, acupuncture etc.
These activities may be carried out in health clinics such as those attached to firms, schools, homes for the aged, labour organizations and fraternal organizations and in residential health facilities other than hospitals, as well as in own consulting rooms, patients' homes or elsewhere. These activities do not involve medical treatment.
- Activities of dental paramedical personnel such as dental therapists, school dental nurses and dental hygienists, who may work remote from, but are periodically supervised by, the dentist
- Activities of medical laboratories such as:
- X-ray laboratories and other diagnostic imaging centres
- Blood analysis laboratories
- Activities of blood banks, sperm banks, transplant organ banks etc.
- Ambulance transport of patients by any mode of transport including airplanes. These services are often provided during a medical emergency.
This class excludes:
- Production of artificial teeth, denture and prosthetic appliances by dental laboratories, see ISIC Code - 3250
- Transfer of patients, with neither equipment for lifesaving nor medical personnel, see ISIC Code - 49, 50, ISIC Code - 51
- Non-medical laboratory testing, see ISIC Code - 7120
- Testing activities in the field of food hygiene, see ISIC Code - 7120
- Hospital activities, see ISIC Code - 8610
- Medical and dental practice activities, see ISIC Code - 8620
- Nursing care facilities, see ISIC Code - 8710