SIC Code 3571 Electronic Computers
DescriptionEstablishments primarily engaged in manufacturing electronic computers. Electronic computers are machines which: (1) store the processing program or programs and the data immediately necessary for execution of the program; (2) can be freely programmed in accordance with the requirements of the user; (3) perform arithmetical computations specified by the user; and (4) execute, without human intervention, a processing program which requires them to modify their execution by logical decision during the processing run. Included in this industry are digital computers, analog computers, and hybrid digital/analog computers.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in manufacturing machinery or equipment which incorporate computers or a central processing unit for the purpose of performing functions such as measuring, displaying, or controlling process variables are classified based on the manufactured end product.
- Computers: digital, analog, and hybridMainframe computersMicrocomputersMinicomputersPersonal computers
- 357103Data Processing Equipment-manufacturers
- 357105Computers & Computer Equipment Wholesalel & Mfg
- 3571001Computers-electronic Mfg
- 3571002Personal Computer Mfg
- 3571003Digital, Analog Or Hybrid Computers
- 3571005Mainframe Computers
- 3571006Data Processing Equipment Mfg
- 3571007Computers & Computer Equipment Wholesale & Mfg
- 35710000Electronic Computers
- 35719901Computers, Digital, Analog Or Hybrid
- 35719902Mainframe Computers
- 35719904Personal Computers (microcomputers)