NAICS Code 52229 Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation
IndustryFinance and Insurance
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in making cash loans or extending credit through credit instruments (except credit cards and sales finance agreements).
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Providing credit sales by issuing credit cards: classified in Industry 52221, Credit Card Issuing
- Providing leases for equipment and other assets without sales financing: classified in Subsector 532, Rental and Leasing Services
- Accepting deposits and lending funds from these deposits: classified in Industry Group 5221, Depository Credit Intermediation
- Arranging loans for others on a commission or fee basis: classified in Industry 52231, Mortgage and Nonmortgage Loan Brokers
- Guaranteeing international trade loans: classified in Industry 52412, Direct Insurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers.
- Secondary market financing
- International trade financing
- Mortgage companies
- Consumer finance companies (i.e., unsecured cash loans)
USA List Sample