NAICS Code 48111 Scheduled Air Transportation
IndustryTransportation and Warehousing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing air transportation of passengers and/or cargo over regular routes and on regular schedules. Establishments in this industry operate flights even if partially loaded. Establishments primarily engaged in providing scheduled air transportation of mail on a contract basis are included in this industry.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Providing air courier services: classified in Industry 49211, Couriers and Express Delivery Services
- Providing air transportation of passengers, cargo, or specialty flying services with no regular routes and regular schedules: classified in Industry 48121, Nonscheduled Air Transportation
- Providing helicopter rides for scenic and sightseeing transportation: classified in Industry 48799, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Other.
- Scheduled air cargo carriers (except air couriers)
- Air commuter carriers, scheduled
- Scheduled helicopter passenger carriers
- Scheduled air passenger carriers