NAICS Code 512250 - Record Production and Distribution
NAICS Code 512250 Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in record production (e.g., tapes, CDs) and/or releasing, promoting, and distributing sound recordings to wholesalers, retailers, or directly to the public. These establishments contract with artists, arrange and finance the production of original master recordings, and/or produce master recordings themselves, such as audio tapes/cassettes and compact discs. Establishments in this industry hold the copyright to the master recording, or obtain reproduction and distribution rights to master recordings produced by others, and derive most of their revenues from the sales, leasing, licensing, or distribution of master recordings.
NAICS Code 512250 - Record Production and Distribution is a final level code of the “Information” Sector. There are 82 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 10,003 people.
SBA Size StandardMaximum 250 Employees
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 512250
Industry Examples of NAICS 512250
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 512250 - Record Production and Distribution are:
- Integrated record companies (i.e., releasing, promoting, distributing)
- Integrated record company (i.e., releasing, promoting, distributing)
- Integrated record production and distribution
- Master recording leasing and licensing
- Musical recording, releasing, promoting, and distributing
- Prerecorded audio tapes and compact discs integrated manufacture, release, and distribution
- Record producers (except independent)
- Record production (except independent record producers) without duplication or distribution
- Record releasing, promoting, and distributing combined with mass duplication
- Sound recording, integrated production, reproduction, release, and distribution
- Sound recording, releasing, promoting, and distributing
Example photo for industry NAICS 512250 - Record Production and Distribution. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Promoting and authorizing the use of musical works in various media: classified in NAICS Code - 512230 - Music Publishers.
- Providing facilities and technical expertise for recording musical performances: classified in NAICS Code - 512240 - Sound Recording Studios.
- Mass duplication of recorded products: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 334614 - Software and Other Prerecorded Compact Disc, Tape, and Record Reproducing.
- Merchant wholesale distribution of blank audio cassettes, tapes, and discs: classified in NAICS Code - 423690 - Other Electronic Parts and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers.
- Merchant wholesale distribution of prerecorded audio cassettes, tapes, and discs: classified in NAICS Code - 423990 - Other Miscellaneous Durable Goods Merchant Wholesalers.
- Retailing records, tapes, and compact discs without producing recordings: classified in NAICS Code - 44-45 - Retail Trade.
- Managing the careers of artists: classified in NAICS Code - 711410 - Agents and Managers for Artists, Athletes, Entertainers, and Other Public Figures.
- Producing albums on contract as independent producers: classified in NAICS Code - 711510 - Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 512250 - Record Production and Distribution? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA size standard for NAICS 512250?
Businesses up to 250 Employees in size are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 512250?
There are 82 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 512250?
In 2017 the total revenue for Record Production and Distribution was $7,332,874,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 512250?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Record Production and Distribution was $1,320,557,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 512250?
The number of reported paid employees is 10,003.