NAICS Code 337212 - Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing custom designed interiors consisting of architectural woodwork and fixtures utilizing wood, wood products, and plastics laminates. All of the industry output is made to individual order on a job shop basis and requires skilled craftsmen as a labor input. A job might include custom manufacturing of display fixtures, gondolas, wall shelving units, entrance and window architectural detail, sales and reception counters, wall paneling, and matching furniture.
NAICS Code 337212 - Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing is a final level code of the “Manufacturing” Sector. There are 81 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 40,144 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 337212 - Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing are:
- Architectural woodwork and fixtures (i.e., custom designed interiors) manufacturing
- Custom architectural millwork and fixtures, manufacturing on a job shop basis
- Custom design interiors (i.e., coordinated furniture, architectural woodwork, fixtures), manufacturing
- Millwork, custom architectural, manufacturing
- Manufacturing millwork on a factory basis: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 321918 - Other Millwork (including Flooring).
- Manufacturing wood office-type furniture on a stock or custom basis: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 337211 - Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing wood office-type furniture and store fixtures on a stock basis: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 337215 - Showcase, Partition, Shelving, and Locker Manufacturing..