NAICS Code 236117 - New Housing For-Sale Builders
NAICS Code 236117 Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in building new homes on land that is owned or controlled by the builder rather than the homebuyer or investor. The land is included with the sale of the home. Establishments in this industry build single and/or multifamily homes. These establishments are often referred to as merchant builders, but are also known as production or for-sale builders.
NAICS Code 236117 - New Housing For-Sale Builders is a final level code of the “Construction” Sector. There are 93 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 133,969 people.
SBA Size StandardAnnual Revenue Limit of $39,500,000
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 236117
Industry Examples of NAICS 236117
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 236117 - New Housing For-Sale Builders are:
- Apartment building for-sale builders
- Cabin for-sale builders
- Condominium for-sale builders
- Cooperative apartment for-sale builders
- Cottage for-sale builders
- Custom builders, for-sale builders, multifamily buildings
- Custom builders, for-sale builders, single-family home
- Duplex for-sale builders
- For-sale builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), residential
- For-sale builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), single-family housing
- Garden apartment for-sale builders
- High-rise apartment for-sale builders
- Home builders, for-sale
- Housing construction, for-sale builder
- Housing construction, merchant builder
- Log home for-sale builders
- Low income housing construction for-sale builders
- Low-rise apartment for-sale builders
- Merchant builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), residential
- Modular housing, residential, assembled on site by for-sale builders
- Multifamily building for-sale builders
- Panelized housing, residential, assembled on site by for-sale builders
- Panelized multifamily housing assembled on site by for-sale builders
- Precut housing, residential, assembled on site by for-sale builders
- Premanufactured housing assembled on site by for-sale builders
- Residential for-sale builders
- Row house construction for-sale builders
- Single-family housing built on own land for sale (i.e., for-sale builders)
- Single-family housing construction for-sale builders
- Speculative builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), multifamily housing
- Speculative builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), residential
- Speculative builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), single-family housing
- Time-share condominium construction for-sale builders
- Town house construction for-sale builders
- Vacation housing construction for-sale builders
Example photo for industry NAICS 236117 - New Housing For-Sale Builders . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Building single-family houses for others as general contractors: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 236115 - New Single-Family Housing Construction (except For-Sale Builders).
- Building multifamily residential buildings for others as general contractors: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 236116 - New Multifamily Housing Construction (except For-Sale Builders).
- Remodeling or repairing existing houses and other residential buildings, either for others or on own account for sale: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 236118 - Residential Remodelers.
- Performing specialized construction work on houses or other residential buildings, generally on a subcontract basis: classified in NAICS Code - 238 - Specialty Trade Contractors.
- Constructing and leasing residential buildings on their own account: classified in NAICS Code - 531110 - Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 236117 - New Housing For-Sale Builders ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA NAICS 236117 revenue limit?
Businesses with an annual revenue under $39,500,000 are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 236117?
There are 93 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 236117?
In 2017 the total revenue for New Housing For-Sale Builders was $147,319,407,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 236117?
In 2017 the annual payroll for New Housing For-Sale Builders was $10,147,335,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 236117?
The number of reported paid employees is 133,969.