NAICS Code 312230-02 - Cigarettes (Manufacturing)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 312230-02 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 312230-02
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Cigarettes (Manufacturing) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Tobacco processing machines
- Cigarette making machines
- Paper cutting machines
- Packaging machines
- Quality control equipment
- Conveyor belts
- Adhesive applicators
- Air compressors
Industry Examples of Cigarettes (Manufacturing)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 312230-02, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Filtered cigarettes
- Menthol cigarettes
- Light cigarettes
- Flavored cigarettes
- Slim cigarettes
- Electronic cigarettes
- Cigarettes with low tar and nicotine content
- Cigarettes with high tar and nicotine content
- Cigarettes with special packaging (e.g. soft pack, hard pack)
- Cigarettes with different lengths (e.g. king size, 100s)
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 312230-02 - Cigarettes (Manufacturing)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Tobacco Manufacturer Permit: A permit issued by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) that allows the manufacturer to produce, package, and store tobacco products. This permit is required for all tobacco manufacturers in the US.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Registration: All tobacco manufacturers must register with the FDA and provide a list of their products. This registration is required under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certification: A certification that ensures the manufacturer is following the FDA's guidelines for manufacturing tobacco products. This certification is not required by law, but it is recommended for manufacturers who want to ensure the quality and safety of their products.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: A certification that ensures the manufacturer is following OSHA's guidelines for workplace safety. This certification is required for all manufacturers in the US.
- ISO 9001 Certification: A certification that ensures the manufacturer is following international standards for quality management. This certification is not required by law, but it is recommended for manufacturers who want to ensure the quality and consistency of their products.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 312230-02 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The history of the Cigarettes (Manufacturing) industry dates back to the 19th century when the first cigarette-making machine was invented in the United States. This invention revolutionized the industry, making it possible to produce cigarettes in large quantities. In the early 20th century, the industry experienced significant growth, with the introduction of new brands and flavors. During World War II, cigarettes became a staple for soldiers, leading to a surge in demand. In recent history, the industry has faced challenges due to increased health concerns and regulations. In 1964, the Surgeon General's report linked smoking to lung cancer, leading to a decline in cigarette consumption. In the 21st century, the industry has faced increased competition from e-cigarettes and other alternatives to traditional cigarettes.
Future Outlook for Cigarettes (Manufacturing)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 312230-02 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: ShrinkingThe future outlook for the Cigarettes (Manufacturing) industry in the USA is uncertain due to the increasing health concerns and regulations surrounding tobacco products. The industry is expected to face challenges due to the declining smoking rates and the rise of e-cigarettes and other alternatives. However, the industry is also expected to continue to generate significant revenue due to the high demand for cigarettes in certain demographics and regions. The industry may also explore new markets and product innovations to adapt to changing consumer preferences and regulations.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 312230-02
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Cigarettes (Manufacturing) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Reduced-Risk Products: Many cigarette manufacturers are investing in reduced-risk products, such as heat-not-burn cigarettes and e-cigarettes, to appeal to health-conscious consumers and comply with regulations.
- Flavored Cigarettes: Some manufacturers are introducing flavored cigarettes to attract younger consumers and differentiate their products from competitors.
- Packaging Innovations: Manufacturers are exploring new packaging designs and materials to improve the product's shelf life, reduce waste, and enhance the product's appeal.
- Sustainable Practices: Some manufacturers are adopting sustainable practices, such as using renewable energy sources and reducing waste, to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers and comply with regulations.
- Marketing Strategies: Manufacturers are exploring new marketing strategies, such as social media and influencer marketing, to reach younger consumers and promote their products.
NAICS Code 312230-02 - Cigarettes (Manufacturing)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.