SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
Establishments primarily engaged in drilling wells for oil or gas field operations for others on a contract or fee basis. This industry includes contractors that specialize in spudding in, drilling in, redrilling, and directional drilling.
SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells is a final level code of the “Mining” Division. There are 1,321 companies classified in this industry in the USA.
Common types of examples within SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells are:
- Directional drilling of oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Redrilling oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Reworking oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Spudding in oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Well drilling gas, oil, and water intake: on a contract basis
Example photo for industry SIC 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
Would you like to email executives in SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Extended SIC Code Categories for SIC 1381
For business marketing and targeting, SIC Codes have been extended to provide more specific classifications within SIC Code 1381 – Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. Extended SIC Codes are being continuously updated to reflect the current business environment.
- 138101 Contractors-Oil Field
- 138102 Oil Well Drilling
- 138103 Gas Well Drilling
- 138104 Oil Well Directional Drilling
- 138105 Drilling-Diamond Core
- 138107 Drilling Companies
- 138198 Drilling-Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381001 Drilling Companies
- 1381001 Drilling-Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381001 Gas Well Drilling
- 1381001 Oil Well Drilling
- 1381002 Directional Drilling Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381003 Service Well Drilling
- 1381004 Water Intake Well Drilling
- 1381005 Contractors-Oil Field
- 1381006 Redrilling Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381007 Reworking Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381008 Spudding In Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381009 Oil Well Directional Drilling
- 1381010 Drilling-Diamond Core
- 13810000 Drilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819901 Directional Drilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819902 Drilling Water Intake Wells
- 13819903 Redrilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819904 Reworking Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819905 Service Well Drilling
- 13819906 Spudding In Oil And Gas Wells
Questions & Answers
What state has the most drilling oil and gas well companies?
Texas has the most oil and gas well companies in the USA with over 200 companies. Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Kansas, California, Colorado, Florida and Wyoming are also represented strongly in this industry.
Are most of the oil & gas well companies billion-dollar companies?
There are only a few big players in this industry with most of the companies generating less than $10 million in revenue a year. Some of the large companies in this industry include: Helmerich & Payne, Nabors Industries, Noble Drilling Services, and Transocean.
What is the SIC code for oil drilling companies?
Oil drilling companies are classified under SIC Code 1381 – Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. This includes oil field contractors, oil well drilling, and gas well drilling.