SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Establishments primarily engaged in drilling wells for oil or gas field operations for others on a contract or fee basis. This industry includes contractors that specialize in spudding in, drilling in, redrilling, and directional drilling.
SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells is a final level code of the “Mining” Division. There are 769 companies classified in this industry in the USA.
Hierarchy Navigation for SIC Code 1381
Common types of examples within SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells are:
- Directional drilling of oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Redrilling oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Reworking oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Spudding in oil and gas wells on a contract basis
- Well drilling gas, oil, and water intake: on a contract basis
Example photo for industry SIC 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
Would you like to email executives in SIC Code 1381 - Drilling Oil and Gas Wells? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Extended SIC Code Categories for SIC 1381
For business marketing and targeting, SIC Codes have been extended to provide more specific classifications within SIC Code 1381 – Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. Extended SIC Codes are being continuously updated to reflect the current business environment.
- 138101Contractors-Oil Field
- 138102Oil Well Drilling
- 138103Gas Well Drilling
- 138104Oil Well Directional Drilling
- 138105Drilling-Diamond Core
- 138107Drilling Companies
- 138198Drilling-Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381001Drilling Companies
- 1381001Drilling-Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381001Gas Well Drilling
- 1381001Oil Well Drilling
- 1381002Directional Drilling Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381003Service Well Drilling
- 1381004Water Intake Well Drilling
- 1381005Contractors-Oil Field
- 1381006Redrilling Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381007Reworking Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381008Spudding In Oil & Gas Wells
- 1381009Oil Well Directional Drilling
- 1381010Drilling-Diamond Core
- 13810000Drilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819901Directional Drilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819902Drilling Water Intake Wells
- 13819903Redrilling Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819904Reworking Oil And Gas Wells
- 13819905Service Well Drilling
- 13819906Spudding In Oil And Gas Wells
Questions & Answers
What state has the most drilling oil and gas well companies?
Texas has the most oil and gas well companies in the USA with over 200 companies. Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Kansas, California, Colorado, Florida and Wyoming are also represented strongly in this industry.
Are most of the oil & gas well companies billion-dollar companies?
There are only a few big players in this industry with most of the companies generating less than $10 million in revenue a year. Some of the large companies in this industry include: Helmerich & Payne, Nabors Industries, Noble Drilling Services, and Transocean.
What is the SIC code for oil drilling companies?
Oil drilling companies are classified under SIC Code 1381 – Drilling Oil and Gas Wells. This includes oil field contractors, oil well drilling, and gas well drilling.