What is Email Marketing?
Marketing a commercial message to people or employees using email:
- To enhance relationships
- To acquire new customers
- To advertise new products and services
What can I expect with email marketing?
- Quick and easy
- Cheaper than Direct Mailing
- Can reach a large audience at once
- Tracking ability when software is used
- Average delivery rate of 56% according to Return Path
- 20% rejection rates
- 8% filtered
- Need to maintain compliance with CAN-SPAM
- Moderate fees to run email software
What is the difference between solicited and unsolicited emailing?
- Solicited or Opt-in emailing - method of emailing advertisements whereby a recipient has consented to receive it (ie:newsletters).
- Unsolicited emailing - sending emails to recipients who have not agreed to be contacted by the sender. There are strict rules regarding this form of contact and the CAN-SPAM ACT must be followed. Furthermore, the Majority of Email Deployment and Marketing Automation companies do not allow non permission-based/purchased emails lists, and you should review their policies before uploading a list. We recommend using the specialty service from Clickback for prospect emailing to ensure compliance.