NAICS CODE 624229 - Other Community Housing Services
Industry SectorHealth Care and Social Assistance
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing one or more of the following community housing services: (1) transitional housing to low-income individuals and families; (2) volunteer construction or repair of low-cost housing, in partnership with the homeowner who may assist in the construction or repair work; and (3) the repair of homes for elderly or disabled homeowners. These establishments may subsidize housing using existing homes, apartments, hotels, or motels or may require a low-cost mortgage or sweat equity. These establishments may also provide low-income families with furniture and household supplies.
NAICS Code 624229 - Other Community Housing Services is a final level code of the “Health Care and Social Assistance” Sector. There are 892 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 54,435 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 624229 - Other Community Housing Services are:
- Energy assistance programs
- Home construction organizations, work (sweat) equity
- Housing assistance agencies
- Housing repair organizations, volunteer
- Transitional housing agencies
- Volunteer housing repair organizations
- Work (sweat) equity home construction organizations