NAICS CODE 622210 - Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals
Industry SectorHealth Care and Social Assistance
This industry comprises establishments known and licensed as psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals primarily engaged in providing diagnostic, medical treatment, and monitoring services for inpatients who suffer from mental illness or substance abuse disorders. The treatment often requires an extended stay in the hospital. These establishments maintain inpatient beds and provide patients with food services that meet their nutritional requirements. They have an organized staff of physicians and other medical staff to provide patient care services. Psychiatric, psychological, and social work services are available at the facility. These hospitals usually provide other services, such as outpatient services, clinical laboratory services, diagnostic X-ray services, and electroencephalograph services.
NAICS Code 622210 - Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals is a final level code of the “Health Care and Social Assistance” Sector. There are 8,144 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 237,128 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 622210 - Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals are:
- Alcoholism rehabilitation hospitals
- Children's hospitals, psychiatric or substance abuse
- Detoxification hospitals
- Drug addiction rehabilitation hospitals
- Hospitals for alcoholics
- Hospitals, addiction
- Hospitals, mental (except intellectual and developmental disability)
- Hospitals, psychiatric (except convalescent)
- Hospitals, psychiatric pediatric
- Hospitals, substance abuse
- Mental (except intellectual and developmental disability) hospitals
- Mental health hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals (except convalescent)
- Rehabilitation hospitals, alcoholism and drug addiction
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing treatment of mental health and substance abuse illnesses on an exclusively outpatient basis are classified in NAICS Code - 621420 - Outpatient Mental Health and SubstanceAbuse Centers.
- Establishments referred to as hospitals but are primarily engaged in providing inpatient treatment of mental health and substance abuse illness with the emphasis on counseling rather than medical treatment areclassified in NAICS Code - 623220 - Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities.
- Establishments referred to as hospitals but are primarily engaged in providing residential care for persons diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities are classified in NAICS Code - 623210 - ResidentialIntellectual and Developmental Disability Facilities..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 622210 - Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals . Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 622210 - Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.