NAICS Code 541713 - Research and Development in Nanotechnology
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in conducting nanotechnology research and experimental development. Nanotechnology research and experimental development involves the study of matter at the nanoscale (i.e., a scale of about 1 to 100 nanometers). This research and development in nanotechnology may result in development of new nanotechnology processes or in prototypes of new or altered materials and/or products that may be reproduced, utilized, or implemented by various industries.
NAICS Code 541713 - Research and Development in Nanotechnology is a final level code of the “Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services” Sector.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 541713 - Research and Development in Nanotechnology are:
- Nanobiotechnologies research and experimental development laboratories
- Nanotechnology research and development laboratories or services, all fields of science
- Conducting research and experimental development in biotechnology (except nanobiotechnology): classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 541714 - Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology).
- Conducting research and experimental development in the physical, engineering, and life sciences (except nanotechnology and biotechnology): classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 541715 - Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Nanotechnology and Biotechnology).
- Providing veterinary testing services: classified in NAICS Code - 541940 - Veterinary Services.
- Providing physical, chemical, or other analytical testing services (except medical or veterinary), such as acoustics or vibration testing, calibration testing, electrical and electronic testing, geotechnical testing, mechanical testing, nondestructive testing, or thermal testing: classified in NAICS Code - 541380 - Testing Laboratories.
- Providing medical laboratory testing for humans: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 621511 - Medical Laboratories.
- Manufacturing products (e.g., apparel, electronic equipment, automotive equipment) using nanomaterials: classified in NAICS Code - 31-33 - Manufacturing, according to the process of the specific product made..