NAICS Code 541420 - Industrial Design Services
Industry SectorProfessional, Scientific, and Technical Services
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating and developing designs and specifications that optimize the use, value, and appearance of their products. These services can include the determination of the materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, and surface finishes of the product, taking into consideration human characteristics and needs, safety, market appeal, and efficiency in production, distribution, use, and maintenance. Establishments providing automobile or furniture industrial design services or industrial design consulting services are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 541420 - Industrial Design Services is a final level code of the “Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services” Sector. There are 198 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 10,914 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 541420 - Industrial Design Services are:
- Automobile industrial design services
- Furniture design services
- Handtool industrial design services
- Industrial design consulting services
- Industrial design services
- Packaging industrial design services
- Tool industrial design services
- Applying physical laws and principles of engineering in the design, development, and utilization of machines, materials, instruments, structures, processes, and systems: classified in NAICS Code - 541330 - Engineering Services.
- Designing clothing, shoes, or jewelry: classified in NAICS Code - 541490 - Other Specialized Design Services..