NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives
NAICS Code 519120 Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing library or archive services. These establishments are engaged in maintaining collections of documents (e.g., books, journals, newspapers, and music) and facilitating the use of such documents (recorded information regardless of its physical form and characteristics) as are required to meet the informational, research, educational, or recreational needs of their user. These establishments may also acquire, research, store, preserve, and generally make accessible to the public historical documents, photographs, maps, audio material, audiovisual material, and other archival material of historical interest. All or portions of these collections may be accessible electronically.
NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives is a final level code of the “Information” Sector. There are 19,416 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 29,592 people.
SBA Size StandardAnnual Revenue Limit of $16,500,000
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 519120
Industry Examples of NAICS 519120
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives are:
- Centers for documentation (i.e., archives)
- Circulating libraries
- Film archives
- Lending libraries
- Libraries (except motion picture stock footage, motion picture commercial distribution)
- Library (except motion picture stock footage, motion picture commercial distribution)
- Motion picture film libraries, archives
- Music archives
- Reference libraries
Example photo for industry NAICS 519120 - Libraries and Archives . This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Providing stock footage (via motion picture and video tape libraries) to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 512199 - Other Motion Picture and Video Industries.
- Providing stock music to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in NAICS Code - 512290 - Other Sound Recording Industries.
- Providing stock photos to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in NAICS Code - 519190 - All Other Information Services.
- Distributing film and video productions to motion picture theaters, television networks and stations, and exhibitors: classified in NAICS Code - 512120 - Motion Picture and Video Distribution..
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives ? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the SBA NAICS 519120 revenue limit?
Businesses with an annual revenue under $16,500,000 are considered small businesses by SBA.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 519120?
There are 19,416 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.
What was the total revenue for NAICS Code 519120?
In 2017 the total revenue for Libraries and Archives was $2,295,698,000
What was the annual payroll for NAICS Code 519120?
In 2017 the annual payroll for Libraries and Archives was $883,186,000
How many people work in NAICS Code 519120?
The number of reported paid employees is 29,592.