NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing library or archive services. These establishments are engaged in maintaining collections of documents (e.g., books, journals, newspapers, and music) and facilitating the use of such documents (recorded information regardless of its physical form and characteristics) as are required to meet the informational, research, educational, or recreational needs of their user. These establishments may also acquire, research, store, preserve, and generally make accessible to the public historical documents, photographs, maps, audio material, audiovisual material, and other archival material of historical interest. All or portions of these collections may be accessible electronically.
NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives is a final level code of the “Information” Sector. There are 30,423 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 26,272 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 519120 - Libraries and Archives are:
- Centers for documentation (i.e., archives)
- Circulating libraries
- Film archives
- Lending libraries
- Libraries (except motion picture stock footage, motion picture commercial distribution)
- Library (except motion picture stock footage, motion picture commercial distribution)
- Motion picture film libraries, archives
- Music archives
- Reference libraries
- Providing stock footage (via motion picture and video tape libraries) to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 512199 - Other Motion Picture and Video Industries.
- Providing stock music to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in NAICS Code - 512290 - Other Sound Recording Industries.
- Providing stock photos to the media, multimedia, and advertising industries: classified in NAICS Code - 519190 - All Other Information Services.
- Distributing film and video productions to motion picture theaters, television networks and stations, and exhibitors: classified in NAICS Code - 512120 - Motion Picture and Video Distribution..