NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing mail services under a universal service obligation. Mail services include the carriage of letters, printed matter, or mailable packages, including acceptance, collection, processing, and delivery. Due to the infrastructure requirements of providing mail service under a universal service obligation, postal service establishments often provide parcel and express delivery services in addition to the mail service. Establishments primarily engaged in performing one or more parts of the basic mail service, such as sorting, routing and/or delivery (except bulk transportation of mail) are included in this industry.
NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 17,339 companies verified as active in this industry in the USA.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service are:
- Postal delivery services, local, operated by U.S. Postal Service
- Postal delivery services, local, operated on a contract basis
- Postal services operated by U.S. Postal Service
- Postal stations operated by U.S. Postal Service
- Postal stations operated on a contract basis
Example photo for industry NAICS 491110 - Postal Service. This image represents an activity or product found in this industry.
- Providing bulk transportation of mail on a contract basis to and from postal service establishments: classified in NAICS Code - 4841 - General Freight Trucking.
- Providing services outside of the basic mail service, such as mail presort, mail consolidation, or address bar coding services, on a contract or fee basis: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 561499 - All Other BusinessSupport Services.
- Providing courier services: classified in NAICS Code - 492110 - Couriers and Express Delivery Services.
- Providing mailbox services along with other business services: classified in U.S. NAICS Code - 561431 - Private Mail Centers.
- Providing local messenger and delivery services: classified in NAICS Code - 492210 - Local Messengers and Local Delivery..
SICCODE.com compiles comprehensive business data and executive contact leads for businesses within NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service. Some of the leading and most notable companies are listed below. To order a list of companies within NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service for marketing (postal mailing, telemarketing, emailing) or analytics-use, click on the link below to “Buy Business List”. Our data analysts are standing by to assist in your list setup and target marketing.
Would you like to email executives in NAICS Code 491110 - Postal Service? Below are some of the common job titles available to be targeted.
- Business Development
- Executive Director
- Human Resource
- Vice President
For specific job title targeting, please provide details in the business list request form.
Questions & Answers
What is the largest size for a business in Postal Service to remain classified as a small business?
Any business in Postal Service with average annual receipts under 8 million USD may be classified as a small business by SBA and Federal government programs.
How many active businesses operate in NAICS Code 491110?
There are 17,339 verified business locations operating primarily in this industry.