NAICS Code 492210 - Local Messengers and Local Delivery
Industry SectorTransportation and Warehousing
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing local messenger and delivery services of small items within a single metropolitan area or within an urban center. These establishments generally provide point-to-point pickup and delivery and do not operate as part of an intercity courier network.
NAICS Code 492210 - Local Messengers and Local Delivery is a final level code of the “Transportation and Warehousing” Sector. There are 321 companies classified in this industry in the USA with an estimated employment of 45,553 people.
Common types of examples within NAICS Code 492210 - Local Messengers and Local Delivery are:
- Alcoholic beverage delivery service
- Bicycle courier
- Delivery service (except as part of intercity courier network, U.S. Postal Service)
- Grocery delivery services (i.e., independent service from grocery store)
- Local letter and parcel delivery services (except as part of intercity courier network, U.S. Postal Service)
- Messenger service
- Restaurant meals delivery services (i.e., independent delivery services)
- Providing local letter and parcel delivery services as part of an intercity courier network: classified in NAICS Code - 492110 - Couriers and Express Delivery Services.
- Operating the National Postal Service or providing postal services on a contract basis (except the bulk transportation of mail): classified in NAICS Code - 491110 - Postal Service.
- Providing the bulk transportation of mail on a contract basis to and from Postal Service establishments: classified in NAICS Code - 4841 - General Freight Trucking..