ISIC Code 10 - Manufacture Of Food Products
This division includes the processing of the products of agriculture, forestry and fishing into food for humans or animals, and includes the production of various intermediate products that are not directly food products. The activity often generates associated products of greater or lesser value (for example, hides from slaughtering, or oilcake from oil production).
This division is organized by activities dealing with different kinds of products: meat, fish, fruit and vegetables, fats and oils, milk products, grain mill products, animal feeds and other food products. Production can be carried out for own account, as well as for third parties, as in custom slaughtering.
Some activities are considered manufacturing (for example, those performed in bakeries, pastry shops, and prepared meat shops etc. which sell their own production) even though there is retail sale of the products in the producers' own shop. However, where the processing is minimal and does not lead to a real transformation, the unit is classified to Wholesale and retail trade (ISIC Code - G).
Production of animal feeds from slaughter waste or by-products is classified in ISIC Code - 1080, while processing food and beverage waste into secondary raw material is classified to ISIC Code - 3830, and disposal of food and beverage waste in ISIC Code - 3821.
Hierarchy Navigation for ISIC Code 10
Parent Category (less specific)
Subcategories (more specific)
- 101 - Processing And Preserving Of Meat
- 102 - Processing And Preserving Of Fish, Crustaceans And Molluscs
- 103 - Processing And Preserving Of Fruit And Vegetables
- 104 - Manufacture Of Vegetable And Animal Oils And Fats
- 105 - Manufacture Of Dairy Products
- 106 - Manufacture Of Grain Mill Products, Starches And Starch Products
- 107 - Manufacture Of Other Food Products
- 108 - Manufacture Of Prepared Animal Feeds