NAICS Code 711110-08 - Music SocietiesMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 711110-08 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 711110-08
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Music Societies industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Sheet music
- Musical instruments
- Sound systems
- Lighting equipment
- Ticketing software
- Social media platforms
- Fundraising software
- Audio recording equipment
- Video recording equipment
- Music notation software
Industry Examples of Music Societies
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 711110-08, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Choral Societies
- Symphony Orchestras
- Jazz Ensembles
- Chamber Music Societies
- Community Bands
- Folk Music Societies
- Barbershop Quartets
- Acapella Groups
- Musical Theater Societies
- Gospel Choirs
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 711110-08 - Music Societies
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Nonprofit Status: Music societies may need to obtain nonprofit status to be eligible for certain grants, tax exemptions, and other benefits. Nonprofit status is granted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and requires filing Form 1023 or Form 1023-EZ. The IRS provides detailed information on the application process and requirements on their website:
- Performing Rights License: Music societies that perform copyrighted music in public may need to obtain a performing rights license from a performing rights organization (PRO) such as ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC. These licenses allow music societies to legally perform music and ensure that the songwriters and publishers receive royalties for their work. Each PRO has its own licensing process and fees. More information can be found on their respective websites:
- Sound Recording License: Music societies that play recorded music in public may need to obtain a sound recording license from the record label or the Harry Fox Agency. These licenses allow music societies to legally play recorded music and ensure that the record label and the artist receive royalties for their work. The Harry Fox Agency provides more information on their website:
- Alcohol License: Music societies that serve alcohol at their events may need to obtain an alcohol license from their state's alcohol control board. The requirements and fees vary by state and type of license. More information can be found on the website of the National Alcoholic Beverage Control Association:
- Fire Safety Permit: Music societies that hold events in public venues may need to obtain a fire safety permit from their local fire department. The permit ensures that the venue meets the fire safety standards and can safely accommodate the expected number of attendees. The requirements and fees vary by jurisdiction. More information can be found on the website of the National Fire Protection Association:
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 711110-08 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Music Societies industry has a long and rich history worldwide, with roots dating back to the 18th century. One of the earliest examples of a music society is the Academy of Ancient Music, founded in London in 1726, which aimed to promote the performance of Baroque music. In the United States, music societies began to emerge in the late 19th century, with the founding of organizations such as the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic. These societies played a crucial role in the development of classical music in the US, and helped to establish the country as a major center for music performance and education. In recent years, music societies have continued to thrive, with many organizations embracing new technologies and expanding their reach through online platforms and social media.
Future Outlook for Music Societies
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 711110-08 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for Music Societies in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing popularity of music events and concerts. The rise of digital music streaming services has also contributed to the growth of the industry. Music Societies are expected to continue to innovate and adapt to changing consumer preferences, such as offering more diverse and inclusive programming. Additionally, the industry is likely to benefit from the growing trend of experiential entertainment, where consumers are seeking unique and immersive experiences. Overall, the Music Societies industry is expected to remain a vibrant and important part of the US entertainment landscape.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 711110-08
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Music Societies industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Virtual Concerts: Music Societies have started to offer virtual concerts, allowing audiences to enjoy live performances from the comfort of their own homes.
- Inclusive Programming: Many Music Societies are expanding their programming to include a wider range of musical genres and artists, making their events more inclusive and diverse.
- Collaborations with Other Industries: Music Societies are partnering with other industries, such as technology and fashion, to create unique and innovative events.
- Sustainable Practices: Some Music Societies are adopting sustainable practices, such as reducing waste and using renewable energy sources, to reduce their environmental impact.
- Interactive Experiences: Music Societies are offering more interactive experiences, such as meet-and-greets with artists and behind-the-scenes tours, to provide audiences with a more immersive experience.
NAICS Code 711110-08 - Music Societies
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.