NAICS Code 541512-25 - Computers Hard Drive DestructionMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 541512-25 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 541512-25
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Hard drive shredders
- Cutting torches
- Hydraulic presses
Industry Examples of Computers Hard Drive Destruction
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 541512-25, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Secure data destruction
- Electronic waste disposal
- IT asset disposition
- Data security services
- Hard drive disposal
- Confidential data destruction
- End-of-life electronics management
- Data destruction and recycling
- Secure destruction of digital media
- Electronic recycling and disposal
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 541512-25 - Computers Hard Drive Destruction
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- NAID AAA Certification: The National Association for Information Destruction (NAID) AAA Certification is a certification program for companies that provide secure data destruction services. This certification ensures that the company follows strict security protocols and procedures for the destruction of sensitive data. The certification is provided by NAID.
- R2 Certification: The Responsible Recycling (R2) Certification is a certification program for companies that provide electronics recycling services. This certification ensures that the company follows strict environmental and social responsibility standards for the recycling of electronics. The certification is provided by Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI).
- E-Stewards Certification: The e-Stewards Certification is a certification program for companies that provide electronics recycling services. This certification ensures that the company follows strict environmental and social responsibility standards for the recycling of electronics. The certification is provided by the Basel Action Network (BAN).
- ISO 27001 Certification: The ISO 27001 Certification is a certification program for companies that provide information security management systems. This certification ensures that the company follows strict security protocols and procedures for the management of sensitive information. The certification is provided by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- NIST SP 800-88 Certification: The NIST SP 800-88 Certification is a certification program for companies that provide media sanitization services. This certification ensures that the company follows strict security protocols and procedures for the sanitization of media containing sensitive information. The certification is provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 541512-25 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry has been around since the early days of computing. The first hard drives were introduced in the 1950s, and as technology advanced, so did the need for secure data destruction. In the 1990s, the US Department of Defense established standards for data destruction, which led to the development of specialized software and hardware for hard drive destruction. In recent years, the industry has seen a surge in demand due to increased concerns about data privacy and security breaches. In 2018, the global data destruction market was valued at $5.9 billion and is expected to reach $12.9 billion by 2027. Recent US
Future Outlook for Computers Hard Drive Destruction
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 541512-25 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: In the United States, the Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry has seen significant growth in recent years. With the rise of cybercrime and data breaches, companies are increasingly turning to specialized hard drive destruction services to ensure the secure disposal of sensitive data. In 2019, the industry generated $1.3 billion in revenue and is projected to continue growing at a steady pace. The COVID-19 pandemic has also contributed to the industry's growth, as more companies are transitioning to remote work and need to ensure the secure disposal of hard drives and other electronic devices. Overall, the Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry is a vital component of the broader data destruction market and plays a critical role in protecting sensitive information.The future outlook for the Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry in the USA is positive due to the increasing demand for secure data destruction services. With the rise of cyber threats and data breaches, companies are becoming more aware of the importance of secure data destruction. The industry is expected to grow as more businesses seek to dispose of their electronic waste in an environmentally friendly and secure manner. Additionally, the increasing adoption of cloud computing and the subsequent need for data center decommissioning is expected to drive demand for hard drive destruction services. However, the industry may face challenges from the increasing use of solid-state drives, which are more difficult to destroy than traditional hard drives.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 541512-25
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Computers Hard Drive Destruction industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Ontrack: Ontrack is a data recovery and destruction company that has developed a new technology called the Ontrack Eraser Degausser. This device uses a powerful magnetic field to erase data from hard drives, making it an effective and secure method of data destruction.
- Garner Products: Garner Products has developed a line of hard drive destroyers that use a variety of methods to physically destroy hard drives, including crushing, bending, and puncturing. These devices are designed to be portable and easy to use, making them ideal for on-site data destruction.
- Proton Data Security: Proton Data Security has developed a line of hard drive degaussers that use a powerful magnetic field to erase data from hard drives. Their products are designed to be easy to use and can be used to destroy a wide range of electronic media, including hard drives, tapes, and floppy disks.
- Data Killers: Data Killers is a data destruction company that uses a variety of methods to destroy hard drives, including shredding, crushing, and degaussing. They also offer on-site data destruction services, making it easy for businesses to dispose of their electronic waste securely.
- Iron Mountain: Iron Mountain is a data management company that offers a range of services, including data destruction. They use a variety of methods to destroy hard drives, including shredding and degaussing. They also offer secure transportation and storage of electronic waste, making it easy for businesses to dispose of their electronic waste in a secure and environmentally friendly manner.
NAICS Code 541512-25 - Computers Hard Drive Destruction
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.