NAICS Code 525990-01 - Real Estate Investment TrustsMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 525990-01 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 525990-01
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Real Estate Investment Trusts industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Property management software
- Real estate valuation software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Financial analysis software
- Portfolio management software
- Real estate investment analysis software
- Market research tools
- Accounting software
- Tax preparation software
- Legal document management software
Industry Examples of Real Estate Investment Trusts
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 525990-01, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Residential rental properties
- Commercial office buildings
- Shopping centers and malls
- Industrial warehouses and distribution centers
- Healthcare facilities
- Self-storage facilities
- Hotels and resorts
- Data centers
- Timberland and farmland
- Infrastructure properties (e.g. airports, toll roads)
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 525990-01 - Real Estate Investment Trusts
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Real Estate Salesperson License: A license required by all states to practice as a real estate salesperson. The license is issued by the state's real estate commission. [Source]
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM): A professional certification in commercial real estate conferred by the CCIM Institute. It signifies expertise in financial, market, and investment analysis, in addition to negotiation. [Source]
- Certified Property Manager (CPM): A professional certification in property management conferred by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). It signifies expertise in managing residential and commercial properties. [Source]
- Real Property Administrator (RPA): A professional certification in property management conferred by the Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) International. It signifies expertise in managing commercial properties. [Source]
- LEED Certification: A certification program for green buildings developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). It signifies that a building has been designed, constructed, and operated with sustainability in mind. [Source]
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 525990-01 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) were first introduced in the United States in 1960 as a way to provide small investors with the opportunity to invest in large-scale, income-producing real estate. The industry quickly gained popularity and by the end of the 1970s, there were over 30 REITs in the US. In the 1990s, the industry experienced a significant growth spurt, with the number of REITs increasing from 34 in 1990 to 300 by the end of the decade. This growth was largely due to the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which made REITs a more attractive investment option by eliminating the double taxation of corporate profits. In recent years, the REIT industry has continued to grow and evolve. In 2016, the total market capitalization of US REITs was $1.1 trillion, up from $9 billion in 1990. The industry has also expanded beyond traditional real estate sectors such as office, retail, and residential, to include specialized sectors such as data centers, cell towers, and healthcare facilities. The growth of the industry has been driven by a number of factors, including low interest rates, strong demand for real estate assets, and the increasing popularity of passive investment strategies such as index funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
Future Outlook for Real Estate Investment Trusts
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 525990-01 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingReal Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are expected to continue to grow in the USA due to the increasing demand for real estate investments. The industry is expected to benefit from the low-interest-rate environment, which makes it easier for REITs to finance their operations. Additionally, the industry is expected to benefit from the growing demand for rental properties, especially in urban areas. However, the industry may face challenges due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to a decline in demand for commercial real estate. Overall, the industry is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, albeit at a slower pace than in the past.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 525990-01
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Real Estate Investment Trusts industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Digitalization Of Real Estate Transactions: REITs are increasingly using digital platforms to buy and sell properties, which has made the process more efficient and cost-effective.
- Green Buildings: Many REITs are investing in green buildings, which are environmentally sustainable and energy-efficient. This has not only helped the environment but has also reduced operating costs for REITs.
- Expansion Into New Markets: Many REITs are expanding into new markets, both domestically and internationally, to diversify their portfolios and increase their returns.
- Use Of Data Analytics: REITs are increasingly using data analytics to make better investment decisions and to optimize their operations.
- Focus on Affordable Housing: Some REITs are focusing on affordable housing, which is in high demand in many parts of the USA. This has not only helped to address the housing crisis but has also provided stable returns for REITs.
NAICS Code 525990-01 - Real Estate Investment Trusts
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.