NAICS Code 524114-10 - Surgical & Medical PlansMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 524114-10 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 524114-10
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Surgical & Medical Plans industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Medical billing software
- Claims processing software
- Electronic health records (EHR) software
- Medical coding software
- Health information exchange (HIE) software
- Medical practice management software
- Telemedicine software
- Medical imaging software
- Medical transcription software
- Patient scheduling software
Industry Examples of Surgical & Medical Plans
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 524114-10, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Health insurance plans
- Surgical insurance plans
- Medical expense insurance plans
- Critical illness insurance plans
- Catastrophic health insurance plans
- Short-term health insurance plans
- Long-term health insurance plans
- High-deductible health insurance plans
- Medical savings account (MSA) plans
- Health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) plans
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 524114-10 - Surgical & Medical Plans
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Health Insurance License: A license required by each state for individuals who sell insurance. The license is issued by the state's insurance commissioner and is valid for a specific period of time. The requirements for obtaining a license vary by state.
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHIS): A certification program that provides in-depth knowledge of health insurance products, regulations, and ethics. The program is offered by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
- Compliance Certification Board (CCB): A certification program that provides knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements. The program is offered by the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA).
- Certified In Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC): A certification program that provides knowledge of privacy regulations and requirements. The program is offered by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB).
- Certified In Healthcare Compliance (CHC): A certification program that provides knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements. The program is offered by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB).
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 524114-10 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The "Surgical & Medical Plans" industry has a long history dating back to the early 20th century when the first health insurance policies were introduced in the United States. In 1929, the first Blue Cross plan was established in Texas, followed by Blue Shield in California in 1939. These plans provided coverage for hospital care and physician services. In the 1950s, the industry saw the introduction of comprehensive health insurance plans that covered a wider range of medical services. In the 1960s, the Medicare and Medicaid programs were established, providing coverage for the elderly and low-income individuals. In recent years, the industry has seen significant advancements in technology, such as the use of telemedicine and electronic health records, which have improved the efficiency and quality of healthcare services. In the United States, the "Surgical & Medical Plans" industry has undergone significant changes in recent history. The passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010 led to the expansion of health insurance coverage to millions of Americans. The industry has also seen a shift towards value-based care, which focuses on improving patient outcomes while reducing costs. In addition, there has been a growing trend towards consumer-driven healthcare, with individuals taking a more active role in managing their own health and healthcare spending. Overall, the industry has experienced both challenges and opportunities in recent years, with ongoing efforts to improve access to quality healthcare services for all Americans.
Future Outlook for Surgical & Medical Plans
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 524114-10 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Surgical & Medical Plans industry in the USA is positive due to the increasing demand for healthcare services and the aging population. The industry is expected to grow due to the rising healthcare costs and the need for affordable healthcare plans. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing adoption of technology, such as telemedicine, which allows patients to receive medical care remotely. Additionally, the industry is expected to benefit from the increasing focus on preventive care and wellness programs. However, the industry may face challenges due to the changing regulatory environment and the increasing competition from other healthcare providers.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 524114-10
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Surgical & Medical Plans industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- UnitedHealthcare launched a new program called "Navigate4Me" that provides personalized support to patients with complex medical conditions.
- Aetna launched a new program called "Aetna Whole Health" that provides integrated care for patients with chronic conditions.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield launched a new program called "Blue Distinction Total Care" that provides coordinated care for patients with complex medical conditions.
- Cigna launched a new program called "Collaborative Care" that provides coordinated care for patients with behavioral health conditions.
- Humana launched a new program called "Bold Goal" that aims to improve the health of communities by addressing social determinants of health.
- Kaiser Permanente launched a new program called "Thrive Local" that addresses social determinants of health by connecting patients with community resources.
- Oscar Health launched a new program called "Oscar for Business" that provides health insurance for small businesses.
- Clover Health launched a new program called "Clover Assistant" that uses artificial intelligence to help patients manage their health.
- Bright Health launched a new program called "Bright Health Plan" that provides affordable health insurance plans.
- Devoted Health launched a new program called "Devoted Health Plan" that provides personalized care for seniors with chronic conditions.
NAICS Code 524114-10 - Surgical & Medical Plans
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.