NAICS Code 512199-04 - Computer AnimationMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 512199-04 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 512199-04
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Computer Animation industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- Substance Painter
- Unreal Engine
Industry Examples of Computer Animation
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 512199-04, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- 3D Modeling
- Character Animation
- Visual Effects
- Motion Graphics
- Architectural Visualization
- Product Visualization
- Medical Animation
- Educational Animation
- Advertising Animation
- Gaming Animation
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 512199-04 - Computer Animation
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Autodesk Certified Professional: This certification is for professionals who use Autodesk software in their work, including computer animators. It demonstrates proficiency in using Autodesk software and is provided by Autodesk.
- Certified Computer Animation Professional: This certification is provided by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and demonstrates proficiency in computer animation. It covers topics such as 3D modeling, texturing, and lighting.
- Certified Animation Professional: This certification is provided by the International Animated Film Association (ASIFA) and demonstrates proficiency in animation. It covers topics such as character animation, storyboarding, and sound design.
- Certified Blender Professional: This certification is provided by the Blender Foundation and demonstrates proficiency in using Blender software for 3D modeling, animation, and rendering.
- Certified Maya Professional: This certification is provided by Autodesk and demonstrates proficiency in using Maya software for 3D modeling, animation, and rendering.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 512199-04 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- Computer animation has come a long way since its inception in the 1960s. The first computer-animated film was "Hummingbird" created by Charles Csuri in 1967. In the 1970s, computer animation was used in the production of television commercials and special effects in movies. The 1980s saw the rise of computer-animated feature films, with Pixar's "Toy Story" being the first full-length computer-animated film released in 1995. Since then, computer animation has become a staple in the entertainment industry, with advancements in technology allowing for more realistic and complex animations. In the United States, computer animation has been a significant part of the entertainment industry since the 1980s. The 1990s saw the rise of computer-animated television shows, such as "ReBoot" and "Beast Wars: Transformers." The early 2000s saw the release of several successful computer-animated films, including "Shrek" and "Finding Nemo." In recent years, computer animation has continued to thrive, with advancements in technology allowing for more realistic and immersive experiences. For example, the use of motion capture technology has allowed for more lifelike character movements in films like "Avatar" and "The Jungle Book."
Future Outlook for Computer Animation
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 512199-04 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Computer Animation industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for animated content in various sectors such as entertainment, advertising, and education. The rise of streaming services and the need for original content is also expected to drive growth in the industry. Additionally, the advancements in technology such as virtual reality and augmented reality are expected to create new opportunities for the industry. However, the industry may face challenges such as competition from overseas markets and the need for skilled professionals. Overall, the industry is expected to continue to grow and innovate in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 512199-04
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Computer Animation industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Virtual Production: The use of virtual production techniques in computer animation has revolutionized the industry. It allows filmmakers to create realistic environments and characters in real-time, reducing the need for post-production work.
- Motion Capture Technology: The use of motion capture technology has allowed animators to create more realistic movements for characters. This technology has been used in various films and video games, creating a more immersive experience for viewers.
- Cloud Rendering: The use of cloud rendering has allowed animators to render their work faster and more efficiently. This technology has reduced the need for expensive hardware and has made the rendering process more accessible to smaller studios.
- Real-Time Animation: Real-time animation allows animators to see their work in real-time, making the animation process more efficient. This technology has been used in various video games and films, creating a more immersive experience for viewers.
- AI-Assisted Animation: The use of AI-assisted animation has allowed animators to automate certain tasks, reducing the time and cost of production. This technology has been used in various films and TV shows, creating more efficient workflows for animators.
NAICS Code 512199-04 - Computer Animation
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.