NAICS Code 488510-13 - Truck-Transport PreparationMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 488510-13 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 488510-13
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Truck-Transport Preparation industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Load planning software
- GPS tracking systems
- Electronic logging devices
- Freight management software
- Transportation management systems
- Route optimization software
- Load securement equipment
- Pallet jacks
- Hand trucks
- Strapping tools
- Cargo nets
- Ratchet straps
- Load bars
- Dunnage bags
- Cargo seals
Industry Examples of Truck-Transport Preparation
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 488510-13, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Truckload shipping
- LTL (less-than-truckload) shipping
- Refrigerated trucking
- Flatbed trucking
- Heavy haul trucking
- Intermodal trucking
- Expedited trucking
- Hazmat trucking
- Oversized load trucking
- Dry van trucking
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 488510-13 - Truck-Transport Preparation
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME): This endorsement is required for drivers who transport hazardous materials. The endorsement is issued by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and requires a background check and fingerprinting.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL): A CDL is required for drivers who operate commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, or who transport hazardous materials. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides more information at
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR): This registration is required for motor carriers operating in interstate or international commerce. The UCR is administered by the UCR Board and
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) License: This license is required for motor carriers who operate in more than one jurisdiction and is used to report and pay fuel taxes. The IFTA is administered by the International Fuel Tax Association (IFTA) and
- Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Certification: ELDs are required for most CMVs that are subject to the hours-of-service (HOS) regulations. The ELD must be certified by the FMCSA and
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 488510-13 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The "Truck-Transport Preparation" industry has a long history dating back to the early 20th century when the first trucks were used for transportation. In the 1920s, the industry saw significant growth with the introduction of the Federal Highway Act, which led to the construction of highways and the expansion of the trucking industry. In the 1950s, the industry saw further growth with the introduction of containerization, which allowed for more efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods. In recent years, the industry has seen advancements in technology, such as the use of GPS tracking and electronic logging devices, which have improved safety and efficiency. In the United States, the industry has also faced challenges such as driver shortages and increased regulations.
Future Outlook for Truck-Transport Preparation
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 488510-13 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Truck-Transport Preparation industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for transportation services. The growth of e-commerce and online shopping has led to an increase in demand for trucking services, which in turn has increased the demand for truck-transport preparation services. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of technology in the transportation sector, which will lead to more efficient and cost-effective operations. However, the industry may face challenges such as rising fuel costs, driver shortages, and regulatory changes. Overall, the industry is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 488510-13
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Truck-Transport Preparation industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Automated Loading and Unloading Systems: These systems use robotics and automation to load and unload trucks, reducing the need for manual labor and increasing efficiency.
- Real-Time Tracking and Monitoring: This technology allows shippers and carriers to track the location and status of shipments in real-time, improving visibility and reducing the risk of lost or delayed shipments.
- Predictive Maintenance: Using data analytics and machine learning, predictive maintenance systems can identify potential equipment failures before they occur, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Electric and Hybrid Trucks: The development of electric and hybrid trucks is expected to reduce emissions and operating costs, making them an attractive option for trucking companies.
- Blockchain Technology: Blockchain can be used to create a secure and transparent record of transactions, improving supply chain visibility and reducing the risk of fraud.
NAICS Code 488510-13 - Truck-Transport Preparation
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.