NAICS Code 488510-10 - Routing Service-Air/Highway/MarineMarketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 488510-10 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 488510-10
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Transportation management software
- GPS tracking systems
- Load optimization software
- Route planning software
- Freight auditing software
- Electronic data interchange (EDI) systems
- Carrier selection tools
- Freight rate calculators
- Warehouse management systems
- Inventory management software
Industry Examples of Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 488510-10, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Air cargo routing services
- Marine cargo routing services
- Highway freight routing services
- Intermodal transportation routing services
- Freight consolidation and routing services
- Expedited freight routing services
- Oversized and heavy haul routing services
- Hazardous materials routing services
- Temperature-controlled freight routing services
- Cross-border freight routing services
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 488510-10 - Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): A security clearance issued by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) that allows access to secure areas of maritime facilities. This credential is required for all workers who need unescorted access to secure areas of facilities regulated under the Maritime Transportation Security Act.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Carrier Certification: This certification is required for air carriers that operate aircraft with more than 30 seats or a payload capacity of more than 7,500 pounds. The certification ensures that the air carrier meets the safety standards set by the FAA.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Operating Authority: This authority is required for companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate commerce. The FMCSA ensures that these companies meet safety regulations and have the necessary insurance and financial responsibility.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Certification: This certification is required for companies that transport dangerous goods by air. The certification ensures that the company meets the safety standards set by IATA.
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code Certification: This certification is required for companies that transport dangerous goods by sea. The certification ensures that the company meets the safety standards set by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 488510-10 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine industry has a long history of providing transportation solutions for businesses and individuals. The industry has its roots in the early days of shipping, when goods were transported by horse-drawn carriages and boats. Over time, advancements in technology led to the development of new modes of transportation, such as airplanes and trucks. In the mid-20th century, the industry experienced a boom as air travel became more accessible and highways were built to connect cities. In recent years, the industry has continued to evolve with the rise of e-commerce and the increasing demand for fast and reliable shipping. In the United States, the industry has seen significant growth in the past decade, with companies like Amazon investing heavily in logistics and transportation infrastructure.
Future Outlook for Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 488510-10 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe future outlook for the Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for efficient and cost-effective transportation services. The industry is also expected to benefit from the growth of e-commerce, which is driving demand for faster and more reliable delivery services. Additionally, the industry is likely to benefit from the increasing use of technology, such as GPS tracking and real-time data analytics, which can help improve efficiency and reduce costs. However, the industry may face challenges such as rising fuel costs, increasing competition, and regulatory changes. Overall, the industry is expected to continue to grow and evolve in response to changing market conditions and technological advancements.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 488510-10
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Automated Routing and Scheduling Systems: These systems use real-time data to optimize routes and schedules, reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- Blockchain Technology: This technology can be used to improve supply chain transparency and security, reducing the risk of fraud and errors.
- Drones for Last-Mile Delivery: Drones can be used to deliver packages to remote or hard-to-reach areas, improving delivery times and reducing costs.
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: These vehicles can help reduce emissions and operating costs, making them an attractive option for environmentally conscious consumers and businesses.
- Real-Time Tracking and Monitoring: This technology allows shippers and carriers to track shipments in real-time, improving visibility and reducing the risk of lost or damaged goods.
NAICS Code 488510-10 - Routing Service-Air/Highway/Marine
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.