NAICS Code 424910-16 - Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 424910-16 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 424910-16
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Greenhouse film and shade cloth
- Ventilation systems
- Heating systems
- Irrigation systems
- Growing media (e.g. soil, peat moss, perlite)
- Plant containers and trays
- Plant fertilizers and nutrients
- Pest control products (e.g. insecticides, fungicides)
- Pruning and harvesting tools (e.g. shears, knives)
- Lighting systems
Industry Examples of Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 424910-16, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Greenhouse construction materials
- Plant propagation equipment
- Hydroponic systems
- Greenhouse automation systems
- Climate control systems
- Greenhouse coverings
- Greenhouse benches and shelving
- Greenhouse fans and ventilation equipment
- Greenhouse lighting fixtures
- Greenhouse irrigation systems
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 424910-16 - Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- UL 8800 Horticultural Lighting Certification: This certification is provided by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and is specific to horticultural lighting equipment. It ensures that the equipment meets safety and performance standards for use in greenhouse and indoor farming operations.
- USDA Organic Certification: This certification is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is required for any products labeled as organic. It ensures that the products meet strict standards for organic production, handling, and labeling.
- EPA Pesticide Registration: Any pesticides used in greenhouse operations must be registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to ensure their safety and effectiveness.
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standard: This standard requires employers to provide information and training to employees about hazardous chemicals used in the workplace, including in greenhouse operations.
- ASTM International Standards: ASTM International develops and publishes technical standards for a wide range of industries, including greenhouse equipment and supplies. Compliance with these standards can help ensure the safety and quality of products.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 424910-16 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale) industry has a long history dating back to the 1800s when greenhouses were first used to grow plants in a controlled environment. The industry has since grown and evolved with advancements in technology and the increasing demand for fresh produce. Notable milestones include the invention of the first automated greenhouse in the 1950s, the development of hydroponic systems in the 1970s, and the introduction of energy-efficient greenhouse designs in the 2000s. In recent history, the industry has seen a surge in demand due to the growing popularity of locally grown produce and the increasing need for sustainable agriculture practices. The COVID-19 pandemic has also led to a rise in demand for greenhouse equipment and supplies as more people turn to home gardening and small-scale farming.
Future Outlook for Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 424910-16 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: GrowingThe future outlook for the Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for locally grown produce and the trend towards sustainable agriculture. The use of greenhouses allows for year-round crop production and protection from pests and harsh weather conditions. Additionally, advancements in technology have led to the development of more efficient and cost-effective greenhouse equipment and supplies. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing popularity of vertical farming, which requires specialized equipment and supplies. Overall, the industry is expected to experience steady growth in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 424910-16
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Automated Greenhouse Systems: These systems use sensors and software to monitor and control the greenhouse environment, including temperature, humidity, and lighting. This technology allows for more precise and efficient crop production.
- LED Grow Lights: LED lights are more energy-efficient and longer-lasting than traditional grow lights, making them a popular choice for greenhouse growers.
- Hydroponic Systems: Hydroponic systems allow for the cultivation of plants without soil, using nutrient-rich water instead. This method of farming is becoming increasingly popular due to its efficiency and sustainability.
- Vertical Farming Systems: Vertical farming systems use stacked layers of crops to maximize space and increase crop yields. These systems require specialized equipment and supplies, creating new opportunities for the greenhouse equipment and supplies industry.
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions: As consumers become more environmentally conscious, there is a growing demand for sustainable packaging solutions. The greenhouse equipment and supplies industry is responding to this demand by developing eco-friendly packaging options for fresh produce.
NAICS Code 424910-16 - Greenhouse Equipment & Supplies (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.