NAICS Code 423310-32 - Pallets & Skids (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 423310-32 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 423310-32
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Pallets & Skids (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Pallet jacks
- Nail guns
- Circular saws
- Band saws
- Staple guns
- Hand saws
- Measuring tapes
- Paint sprayers
- Heat guns
- Glue guns
Industry Examples of Pallets & Skids (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 423310-32, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Wooden pallets
- Plastic pallets
- Skids for storage
- Skids for transportation
- Pallet collars
- Pallet boxes
- Pallet racks
- Pallet inverters
- Pallet dispensers
- Pallet wrappers
- Pallet lifters
- Pallet separators
- Pallet covers
- Pallet containers
- Pallet cages
- Pallet dollies
- Pallet conveyors
- Pallet scales
- Pallet trucks
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 423310-32 - Pallets & Skids (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures No. 15 (ISPM 15): ISPM 15 is a regulation that requires all wood packaging material (WPM) to be treated with heat or fumigated with methyl bromide to prevent the spread of pests and diseases. The International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) provides this certification.
- National Wooden Pallet and Container Association (NWPCA) Certification: NWPCA provides certification programs for pallets and containers that meet industry standards. The certification ensures that the pallets and containers are safe, durable, and meet quality standards.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certification: OSHA provides certification for pallet and skid safety. The certification ensures that the pallets and skids are safe to use and meet OSHA standards.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Certification: ISO 9001:2015 is a quality management system certification that ensures that the company meets customer and regulatory requirements. The certification ensures that the company has a quality management system in place that meets ISO standards.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification: FSC provides certification for wood products that meet environmental and social standards. The certification ensures that the wood products are sourced from responsibly managed forests.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 423310-32 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The pallet industry began in the early 20th century when wooden pallets were first used to transport goods. The first patent for a pallet was filed in 1924 by Howard T. Hallowell, Sr. Since then, pallets have become an essential part of the global supply chain, with the industry growing rapidly in the post-World War II era. In the United States, the pallet industry has seen significant growth since the 1960s, with the introduction of new technologies and materials. The use of plastic and metal pallets has increased in recent years, but wooden pallets remain the most widely used. The industry has also faced challenges, such as the introduction of new regulations and the need to reduce waste and increase sustainability. Overall, the pallet industry has played a crucial role in the global economy, facilitating the movement of goods across borders and supporting industries such as manufacturing, retail, and logistics.
Future Outlook for Pallets & Skids (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 423310-32 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe Pallets & Skids (Wholesale) industry in the USA is expected to experience steady growth in the coming years. The industry is projected to benefit from the increasing demand for pallets and skids from various sectors such as manufacturing, retail, and logistics. The growth of e-commerce and the need for efficient supply chain management is also expected to drive demand for pallets and skids. However, the industry may face challenges such as rising raw material costs and increasing competition from alternative packaging solutions. Overall, the industry is expected to maintain a positive growth trajectory in the foreseeable future.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 423310-32
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Pallets & Skids (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Automation: The industry has seen a rise in the use of automation in pallet and skid manufacturing, which has led to increased efficiency and reduced labor costs.
- Sustainable Materials: Many companies in the industry are adopting sustainable materials such as recycled plastic and wood to manufacture pallets and skids, which is expected to drive demand from environmentally conscious customers.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID): The use of RFID technology in pallets and skids is gaining popularity as it enables real-time tracking and monitoring of inventory, which can help improve supply chain efficiency.
- Customization: The industry is witnessing a trend towards customized pallets and skids that are tailored to meet specific customer requirements, which is expected to drive demand from niche markets.
- Blockchain: The use of blockchain technology in the industry is expected to increase transparency and traceability in the supply chain, which can help reduce the risk of fraud and improve efficiency.
NAICS Code 423310-32 - Pallets & Skids (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.