NAICS Code 423310-18 - Hardwoods (Wholesale)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 423310-18 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 423310-18
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Hardwoods (Wholesale) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Band saws
- Moisture meters
- Handheld scanners
Industry Examples of Hardwoods (Wholesale)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 423310-18, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Oak lumber
- Maple lumber
- Cherry lumber
- Walnut lumber
- Mahogany lumber
- Hickory lumber
- Ash lumber
- Beech lumber
- Poplar lumber
- Birch lumber
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 423310-18 - Hardwoods (Wholesale)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification: The FSC certification ensures that the hardwoods are sourced from responsibly managed forests. The certification is provided by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Certification: The SFI certification ensures that the hardwoods are sourced from responsible and sustainable forestry practices. The certification is provided by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- Programme for the Endorsement Of Forest Certification (PEFC) Certification: The PEFC certification ensures that the hardwoods are sourced from sustainably managed forests. The certification is provided by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification.
- Rainforest Alliance Certification: The Rainforest Alliance certification ensures that the hardwoods are sourced from forests that meet rigorous environmental and social standards. The certification is provided by the Rainforest Alliance.
- American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) Certification: The AHEC certification ensures that the hardwoods are sourced from legal and sustainable sources. The certification is provided by the American Hardwood Export Council.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 423310-18 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- The Hardwoods (Wholesale) industry has a long history dating back to the early days of human civilization. Wood has been used for various purposes, including building, furniture, and fuel. The industry has seen significant advancements over the years, including the development of new technologies for processing and treating wood. In the United States, the industry has been shaped by various factors, including the growth of the housing market, changes in consumer preferences, and the emergence of new competitors. Notable milestones in the industry's history include the introduction of new wood species, the development of new processing techniques, and the expansion of the industry's global reach.
Future Outlook for Hardwoods (Wholesale)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 423310-18 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Hardwoods (Wholesale) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for hardwoods in various applications such as furniture, flooring, and construction. The growth in the construction industry, especially in the residential sector, is expected to drive the demand for hardwoods. Additionally, the increasing popularity of hardwood flooring and furniture is expected to boost the demand for hardwoods. However, the industry may face challenges such as the availability of raw materials, environmental regulations, and competition from substitute products. Overall, the industry is expected to grow at a steady pace in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 423310-18
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Hardwoods (Wholesale) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Sustainable Sourcing: Many companies in the Hardwoods (Wholesale) industry are adopting sustainable sourcing practices to meet the growing demand for environmentally friendly products. They are sourcing hardwoods from certified forests and implementing responsible forestry practices to ensure the long-term sustainability of the industry.
- Digitalization: The industry is adopting digital technologies to streamline operations and improve efficiency. Many companies are using digital tools to manage inventory, track shipments, and communicate with customers. This has led to faster turnaround times and improved customer satisfaction.
- Value-Added Services: To differentiate themselves from competitors, many companies are offering value-added services such as custom milling, kiln drying, and finishing. These services allow customers to get the exact product they need and save time and money on additional processing.
- Product Innovation: The industry is constantly innovating to meet the changing needs of customers. Many companies are developing new products such as engineered hardwoods, which offer improved durability and stability compared to traditional hardwoods. Additionally, companies are developing new finishes and stains to offer customers a wider range of options.
- E-Commerce: The industry is increasingly adopting e-commerce platforms to reach a wider customer base and improve accessibility. Many companies are offering online ordering and delivery services, which allow customers to easily purchase hardwoods from anywhere in the country.
NAICS Code 423310-18 - Hardwoods (Wholesale)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.