NAICS Code 314910-18 - Tarpaulins (Manufacturing)Marketing Level - NAICS 8-Digit
Use Data For:
- Direct Mailing
Includes Free Sample & Industry Report
100% Phone-Verified, NCOA Processed, Accurate Data
NAICS Code 314910-18 Description (8-Digit)
Hierarchy Navigation for NAICS Code 314910-18
Parent Code (less specific)
Tools commonly used in the Tarpaulins (Manufacturing) industry for day-to-day tasks and operations.
- Sewing machines
- Cutting machines
- Heat sealing machines
- Eyelet machines
- Grommet machines
- Tape machines
- Webbing machines
- Welding machines
- Measuring tapes
Industry Examples of Tarpaulins (Manufacturing)
Common products and services typical of NAICS Code 314910-18, illustrating the main business activities and contributions to the market.
- Truck tarps
- Boat covers
- Agricultural covers
- Construction tarps
- Pool covers
- Camping tarps
- Industrial curtains
- Privacy screens
- Athletic field covers
- Hay tarps
- Lumber covers
- Roofing tarps
- Equipment covers
- Hazardous material containment tarps
- Military tarps
- Mining tarps
- Oil rig tarps
- Sandblasting curtains
Certifications, Compliance and Licenses for NAICS Code 314910-18 - Tarpaulins (Manufacturing)
The specific certifications, permits, licenses, and regulatory compliance requirements within the United States for this industry.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 701: This certification is required for tarpaulins used in public spaces, such as event tents, to ensure that they meet fire safety standards. The certification is provided by the NFPA.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) D-751: This certification is required for tarpaulins used in outdoor applications to ensure that they meet the standards for water resistance, tear strength, and abrasion resistance. The certification is provided by the ASTM.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 CFR 1910.132: This regulation requires employers to provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees who are exposed to hazards in the workplace, such as tarpaulin manufacturing. The regulation is provided by OSHA.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Air Act: This regulation requires tarpaulin manufacturers to comply with emissions standards to reduce air pollution. The regulation is provided by the EPA.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001: This certification is a quality management system standard that ensures that tarpaulin manufacturers meet customer and regulatory requirements. The certification is provided by the ISO.
A concise historical narrative of NAICS Code 314910-18 covering global milestones and recent developments within the United States.
- Tarpaulins have been used for centuries to protect goods from the elements during transportation. The first tarpaulins were made from canvas, which was a durable and waterproof material. In the 20th century, synthetic materials such as PVC and polyethylene became popular for tarpaulin manufacturing due to their lower cost and increased durability. In recent years, advancements in technology have allowed for the production of tarpaulins with specialized features such as UV resistance, fire retardancy, and anti-microbial properties. In the United States, the tarpaulin industry has seen steady growth in recent years due to increased demand from the construction, transportation, and agriculture sectors.
Future Outlook for Tarpaulins (Manufacturing)
The anticipated future trajectory of the NAICS 314910-18 industry in the USA, offering insights into potential trends, innovations, and challenges expected to shape its landscape.
Growth Prediction: StableThe future outlook for the Tarpaulins (Manufacturing) industry in the USA is positive. The industry is expected to grow in the coming years due to the increasing demand for tarpaulins in various sectors such as construction, agriculture, transportation, and others. The growth in the construction industry, especially in the residential sector, is expected to drive the demand for tarpaulins as they are used for covering and protecting materials and equipment on construction sites. Additionally, the increasing demand for tarpaulins in the transportation sector for covering goods during transportation is expected to boost the industry's growth. The industry is also expected to benefit from the increasing use of advanced materials and technologies in the manufacturing process, which will improve the quality and durability of tarpaulins. However, the industry may face challenges such as rising raw material costs and increasing competition from imports. Overall, the Tarpaulins (Manufacturing) industry in the USA is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
Industry Innovations for NAICS Code 314910-18
Recent groundbreaking advancements and milestones in the Tarpaulins (Manufacturing) industry, reflecting notable innovations that have reshaped its landscape.
- Biodegradable Tarpaulins: These tarpaulins are made from biodegradable materials and are designed to decompose naturally over time, reducing the environmental impact of the industry.
- Fire-Resistant Tarpaulins: These tarpaulins are designed to resist fire and are used in industries such as construction and transportation where fire hazards are a concern.
- UV-Resistant Tarpaulins: These tarpaulins are designed to resist the harmful effects of UV radiation and are used in outdoor applications where exposure to sunlight is a concern.
- Customizable Tarpaulins: Manufacturers are now offering customizable tarpaulins that can be tailored to the specific needs of customers, such as size, color, and material.
- Smart Tarpaulins: These tarpaulins are equipped with sensors and other technologies that allow them to monitor and adjust to changing environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity. They are used in industries such as agriculture and transportation to protect goods and equipment.
NAICS Code 314910-18 - Tarpaulins (Manufacturing)
We now have complete information to process your request
Your dedicated data specialist is researching your target and will provide an industry report for your review shortly
Your data specialist will assist you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say
I was able to supply NAICS/SIC codes to SICCODE.com, who provided a numerical total of their lists for each code. They provided also a sample list for me to judge the content and accuracy. Their Business Data Specialist sent then refined lists that allowed me to target my audience. They are professional and able to understand their products in great detail. I recommend them to anyone who wants to focus a targeted sales/marketing campaign.